+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

physical presence calculator mistake

niaihanma

Dec 5, 2017
windsor
Hi everyone,
I have a problem. Please help

About the physical presence calculator, I forgot to declare all the one day trips to US. I check the -94 record. There are 13 times. All of them are one day trip. I came back the same day. My total physical presence is 1209 days.

I just got the test invite. My test date is June 26th. what should I do now. How to fix it ?

Call them or explain it at the interview ?

LadyA

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
I forgot one trip (~20 days). So I let them know using the web form. I got a automatic mail from cic saying they received my message. For the interview, I printed that mail and showed it to the officer. She told me that everything was fine. I had enough presence days. She asked me if she could kept that mail.

Do what you are comfortable with. But I think they have a report of all our trips.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I would fill out another presence calculation page with all of your day trips, using all information you have available to you. Bring it with you to the test/interview, and present it to the interviewing officer with the explanation that you didn't think these needed to be included as you came back to Canada on the same day, and you only learned/realized it as you were getting documentation together for the interview. A reasonable explanation and coming forward will serve you well.

(And I'm usually one that is in the camp of only providing what was asked for. However, this WAS asked for...)

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I forgot one trip (~20 days). So I let them know using the web form. I got a automatic mail from cic saying they received my message. For the interview, I printed that mail and showed it to the officer. She told me that everything was fine. I had enough presence days. She asked me if she could kept that mail.

Do what you are comfortable with. But I think they have a report of all our trips.
They do have the same or better info that you do, so yeah, they know. One or two day trips you have forgotten about aren't a big deal, I had the same. Having a bunch, however... different situation, IMO.

LadyA

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
They do have the same or better info that you do, so yeah, they know. One or two day trips you have forgotten about aren't a big deal, I had the same. Having a bunch, however... different situation, IMO.
Yes! She had a paper with the trips I made. And my application in front of her. So she knew.

That’s why, If i was Niaihanma I would tell, and explain

Optimist22222

Dec 7, 2011
App. Filed.......
AUGUST 28, 2017
I would suggest to declare it before they find it out. Fill a new presence calculator having the same application signing date as original. Get a print out, sign it, put the original signing date and send it through the web form with an explanation. Also send a signed copy of your revised presence calculator by Canada Post to your relevant IRCC office. Take printouts of the Web form email confirmation and copy of your revised presence calculator to interview. Inform the interviewer that you made a mistake and have already informed the IRCC about it showing them the proofs.

niaihanma

Dec 5, 2017
windsor

Your experience helps a lot . Thank you

niaihanma

Dec 5, 2017
windsor
I would suggest to declare it before they find it out. Fill a new presence calculator having the same application signing date as original. Get a print out, sign it, put the original signing date and send it through the web form with an explanation. Also send a signed copy of your revised presence calculator by Canada Post to your relevant IRCC office. Take printouts of the Web form email confirmation and copy of your revised presence calculator to interview. Inform the interviewer that you made a mistake and have already informed the IRCC about it showing them the proofs.
I am going to do it this way. Thank you!

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi everyone,

About the physical presence calculator, I forgot to declare all the one day trips to US. I check the -94 record. There are 13 times. All of them are one day trip. I came back the same day. My total physical presence is 1209 days.

I just got the test invite. My test date is June 26th. what should I do now. How to fix it ?

Just want to support what others are saying and what you are going to do.

Do not listen to the advice of "don't volunteer information". That's terrible advice. After all you declared by signature that you included all trips. So if you later realize you forgot some, you should rectify this.

I'm confident this won't be a big problem. But please don't try to hide the info!

niaihanma

Dec 5, 2017
windsor
Just want to support what others are saying and what you are going to do.

Do not listen to the advice of "don't volunteer information". That's terrible advice. After all you declared by signature that you included all trips. So if you later realize you forgot some, you should rectify this.

I'm confident this won't be a big problem. But please don't try to hide the info!
I think you are right. I am going to use the web form to let them know. Thank you !

dobeurman

Star Member
Nov 25, 2017
Hi everyone,

I got the same problem last week in my interview ... I forgot to mention 7 day trip to USA in my calculator form , the officer then asked me to go online and print all USA Exit /Entry record and email them to her ......did that the next day now waiting for her decision ..
----- I suggest you to get it now and mail or email it to them avoiding delays in your application