Mar 9, 2015
Category........
Other
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
Hello folks,

I’m planning to apply for Canadian citizenship next month. But I’m stuck with the physical presence calculation, since I’m not sure if I can include the days I worked on Implied status.

My PGWP expired in 2016, but I applied for a work permit extension before the expiry and I was on implied status for a few months. In the mean time I applied for my PR and the WP application was approved.

I was wondering if I can simply consider implied status as Temporary wok permit.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello folks,

I’m planning to apply for Canadian citizenship next month. But I’m stuck with the physical presence calculation, since I’m not sure if I can include the days I worked on Implied status.

My PGWP expired in 2016, but I applied for a work permit extension before the expiry and I was on implied status for a few months. In the mean time I applied for my PR and the WP application was approved.

I was wondering if I can simply consider implied status as Temporary wok permit.
What do you mean by implied status? We need more details. When you got your PR status? Were you with no valid permit at any time?

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Hello folks,

Yes you can. Implied status is valid to be counted towards physical presence. I got citizenship last month with around 100 days being in implied status between work permits

shyam.7944

Mar 9, 2015
Category........
Other
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
What do you mean by implied status? We need more details. When you got your PR status? Were you with no valid permit at any time?
No, I applied for an extension of work permit before the expiry. My work permit expired in October ‘17 and I was on implied status until January ‘18. In the meantime I applied for my PR and they approved my Work permit extension in January ‘18.

shyam.7944

Mar 9, 2015
Category........
Other
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
Yes you can. Implied status is valid to be counted towards physical presence. I got citizenship last month with around 100 days being in implied status between work permits
Thank you. I appreciate your response.

chikaloo

Nov 13, 2018
Hi! Would you mind sharing how you add your implied status on the physical presence calculator and if you had to provide an explanation for it? Thanks