+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Physical Presence Calculator - Implied Status and Multi Destination Trips?

TheHaiderRaja

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Hi Everyone,
I am using the Physical Presence Calculator and have a a few questions, I would appreciate your input and suggestions:

1) Implied Status:
I had a two month implied status period between my last exam as a Student and the day my PGWP was issued; how do I show this implied status duration on the physical presence calculator as it is not one of the listed options? Do I leave it as a gap or perhaps put in the last date of Study Permit as the day before my PGWP was issued?

2) Absences from Canada:
I've had a few trips with multiple destinations, layovers, and connecting flights; the calculator sates the following:
"If you visited more than one country during the same absence, list the first country in 'Destination' and list the other countries in the 'Reason' field."

One of my trips was from Toronto Pearson to 'Country XX' with a 2 day layover in the 'Country YY' and a connecting flight in Chicago. Although Chicago was just for the purposes of catching a connecting flight, I did have to go through immigration (Preclearance at Pearson) and switch terminals. I will include a detailed explanation in the reasoning section but wondering if I should indicate the US or 'Country YY' as the destination in this specific case?

Thank you.