+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Physical Presence Calculator + Employment duration: Had a Canadian Work Visa but I entered Canada on a PR - HELP!!

BeingCanadian

Feb 17, 2023
My company had helped me get a Work Visa in January 2019 when I was planning to move from US to Canada. Meanwhile I had applied for express entry on my own and I got it in March.

Because it was an internal transfer for the company, my Canadian employment start date was 15th of March because thats when my US status was expiring. But I only moved to Canada on the 22nd of March on a PR and was remotely working from India until then.

Questions:

1. Can I put my employment start date as 15th March even though I entered Canada on 22nd March? If yes, would that mean I held a Worker TRV status for 9 days even though I wasn't in the country? Can a work visa be considered a status if you don't enter the country on that visa?

2. If I can't do the above option and put my employment start date as my entry date (22nd March), would it be a problem that my company paid me from the 15th of March and not 22nd?

3. In general, if you hold a work visa but enter on a PR and never use the work visa, in the question "Did you hold any Temporary Resident visa before becoming a Permanent Resident?..", should you answer NO?

Thanks in advance for the answers and help!