+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Physical Presence and Q9c...Please help URGENT senior members

Newb

Oct 5, 2017
Hi,

I landed as PR in March 2015 and now am eligible to apply citizenship, I have two questions:-

1. In presence calculator do I need enter travel history(where I stayed before becoming PR) as we need to provide 5 years(March 2013) eligibility period details? or only travel history after I landed as PR which is March 2015?

2. For Q9c Do I need to select as No ? as I lived outside of Canada before becoming PR during eligibity period?

Last edited:

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
They asked for the whole 5 years.
Put a big absence in your presence calculator and list your home country there. If you've been somewhere else, just say it in the details of that absence, donc create a new entry for that.
And you lived outside Canada in the last 5 years. So tick yes, fill the additional document with n/a and sign it, and provide a PCC of your home country where you've probably been more than 183 days in the last 4 years.

Newb

Oct 5, 2017
But why do we need to mention travel history before becoming PR?
Earlier I read in one of the forum it's not required if person doesn't have PR or visa

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Well, I just said that you need to add one big "travel", which is not a travel but an absence from Canada.
Let's say you are Irish, just put Ireland in one entry from March to March 2015. If you've been to UK and France in that frame, you may list them in the explanations of your absence. Something like "I was in my home country before I got PR, visited France and UK while there".
It's probably not needed, but if you are asking about what you are supposed to do, well, it's clearly stated that for any absence from Canada, you just list the 1st country and specify the others in the explanation for the trip.

In all cases, don't overthink it. A human being will process your application, and they will probably treat "been living in my home country before PR landing" and "been living in my home country before PR landing and visited X, Y and Z" the exact same way.

Reactions: roannezelle01

Newb

Oct 5, 2017
Reason I asked this question is I read in this forum where few members mentioned before PR travel history is not required and also to mark question as No for Q9c as this is not applicable for them before PR in citizenship application as well....other senior members suggestions please....

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Reason I asked this question is I read in this forum where few members mentioned before PR travel history is not required and also to mark question as No for Q9c as this is not applicable for them before PR in citizenship application as well....other senior members suggestions please....
Seym answered your question and is consistent with what has been said on this forum before. If you dont like the answer or looking for another answer, use the search function and look for Question 9c. If you want a really long but comprehensive answer look for "dpenabill" as the author. Question 9c has been answered more than once with great detail.