+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Photos

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Hello,

I would appreciate you help I am applying inland and I am just finishing gathering papers.

In my guide says I need 4 pictures for medical and 2 for Immigration. I was just wanted to understand why some people here says 9 photos for immigration and 5 for medical.

I do not want to send the wrong amount.

The other thing is that I just got my police background and my birth certificate and at the office the put staples on the documents. I have read no staples should I take this staples out, the canadian embassy in Costa Rica Stapled my papers so I am not sure if they had a reason

Thank you

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
Happywife08 said:
Hello,

I would appreciate you help I am applying inland and I am just finishing gathering papers.

In my guide says I need 4 pictures for medical and 2 for Immigration. I was just wanted to understand why some people here says 9 photos for immigration and 5 for medical.

The other thing is that I just got my police background and my birth certificate and at the office the put staples on the documents. I have read no staples should I take this staples out, the canadian embassy in Costa Rica Stapled my papers so I am not sure if they had a reason

Thank you

Hi,

Simple answer: the reason why different people mention different amounts of photos is because it depends on the country of the principal applicant. The regional guides are different from one county to another.

To get the correct amount of photos, you need to refer to your proper regional guide, and that's what you should trust :).

The picture for the medical exam, I think it might be different from one doctor to another, but USUALLY 5 are required. My wife is Indonesian, and she had to bring 5 photos, and I believe DMPs in many countries also want 5 pics.

As for the immigration pictures.....hm first of all, you mentioned about Costa Rica, and your profile icon is the Costa Rican flag, so I am led to believe that you are Costa Rican. I checked the regional guide for Costa Ricans, which is IMM 3908:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3908e.pdf

And checklist item 16 says that you need to provide 8 (eight) immigration photos.

You said:

"In my guide says I need 4 pictures for medical and 2 for Immigration."

So I am not sure how you got 2 for immigration?? Are you from Costa Rica or...?

And for the medical exam, the best thing to do is to call the DMP you intend to go to, and ask exactly how many pics are required... :)

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Happywife08 said:
Hello,

Just remove them staples and place a paper clip. this is what I did on some translated documents

Thank you

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
fandv said:
Hi,

Simple answer: the reason why different people mention different amounts of photos is because it depends on the country of the principal applicant. The regional guides are different from one county to another.

To get the correct amount of photos, you need to refer to your proper regional guide, and that's what you should trust :).

The picture for the medical exam, I think it might be different from one doctor to another, but USUALLY 5 are required. My wife is Indonesian, and she had to bring 5 photos, and I believe DMPs in many countries also want 5 pics.

As for the immigration pictures.....hm first of all, you mentioned about Costa Rica, and your profile icon is the Costa Rican flag, so I am led to believe that you are Costa Rican. I checked the regional guide for Costa Ricans, which is IMM 3908:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3908e.pdf

And checklist item 16 says that you need to provide 8 (eight) immigration photos.

You said:

"In my guide says I need 4 pictures for medical and 2 for Immigration."

So I am not sure how you got 2 for immigration?? Are you from Costa Rica or...?

And for the medical exam, the best thing to do is to call the DMP you intend to go to, and ask exactly how many pics are required... :)
Thank you I really appreciate your help.

Yes. I am Costa Rican but I am applying INLAND and I got the inland guide. thank you for the link it does says is 8 pictures but it also says outland, nevertheless I will investigate further but I do Appreciate your help getting the link.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Happywife08 said:
Hello,

Thank you
The photos for medicals depend on where you go. Some places ask for 4, some ask for 5, some ask for 6. It's important to call them yourself and ask how many they require.