+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Photos for Express Entry

Crazy5836

Sep 14, 2023
I am submitting my application for Express Entry and had some questions about the photos to be uploaded:

• While uploading the digital photo, can I take the photo using one of the visa photo apps available on Play Store?
    Or do I need to get the photo taken from a studio, and if so do I need to include any details of the studio while submitting the application?
  • Otherwise, can I use the same photo I had used for my WP application a couple of years ago?
Also, if I have to get a photo taken at the studio, can I get a printed photo with studio details and digital photo from a studio and use the physical photo later for PR card? Will it be okay if the printed photo for the PR card shows an older date?

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
I am submitting my application for Express Entry and had some questions about the photos to be uploaded:

• While uploading the digital photo, can I take the photo using one of the visa photo apps available on Play Store?
    Or do I need to get the photo taken from a studio, and if so do I need to include any details of the studio while submitting the application?
  • Otherwise, can I use the same photo I had used for my WP application a couple of years ago?
Also, if I have to get a photo taken at the studio, can I get a printed photo with studio details and digital photo from a studio and use the physical photo later for PR card? Will it be okay if the printed photo for the PR card shows an older date?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/photo.html

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay