+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Photos as evidence

Emmy

Star Member
Jun 27, 2008
Hi,

I was interested in hearing how everyone has included photos as evidence with their application. I know that you can't send in albums or binders, but we have a lot of photos from our trips together and from our wedding and reception. Including 30-50 photos loosely in the envelope would be a bit disorganised. Does anyone have any tips on good ways to organise/present the photos that CIC would find acceptable?

We'll put the who/what/where and when on the back of each photo and were thinking of grouping each set of photos in separate smaller envelopes and attach them to the other related evidence (flight itineraries, hotel receipts etc) and indexing them on a separate sheet.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Emmy

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have them in digital form, you can print them out several per page, write some text around if you want.

ThirstyDeer

Star Member
Feb 10, 2008
That is basically what I did. I put all my documented evidence into a big Word Perfect document. At the end of it, I made a photo album where I put 6 photos per page, with captions under each photo describing its significance (first date, first day trip together, and so on). Each page represented a specific period of time (my first trip to England, my wife's first trip to Canada, our wedding, our wedding reception, and so on). The photos can even be printed black and white. The important thing is that they can be viewed clearly.

LCS

May 5, 2005
I just had duplicates printed and wrote on the back in permanent marker where they were taken and who the people were. I put them together with small fold-back paper clip and sent them that way. In the interview they presented the photos to my husband and asked him about them to confirm all the info. was the same. All the photos and additional info. such as phone cards and boarding passes were all returned at that time so anything personal that you submitted will probably be returned.
How you did it by printing the digital files onto pages is great, no loss if they don't return them and it gives them the photos they want along with detailed explanations.