LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Application returned, second time: reason is "Your photos are of poor quality and are out of focus"

not sure what to do now

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Application returned, second time: reason is "Your photos are of poor quality and are out of focus"

not sure what to do now
I understand your frustration. It is disappointing to have your application returned for a reason that is within your control.

The first thing you need to do is to make sure that your photos meet the IRCC's requirements. The requirements are as follows:
  • The photo must be a recent passport-style photo.
  • The photo must be taken against a plain white background.
  • The photo must be in focus.
  • The photo must be clear and free of blemishes.
  • The photo must be of the applicant only.
  • The photo must be a head-and-shoulders shot.
If your photos do not meet the requirements, you will need to retake them. You can have your photos taken at a professional photo studio or you can take them yourself. If you take your photos yourself, make sure that you follow the IRCC's instructions carefully.

Once you have retaken your photos, you will need to submit them to IRCC along with your application. You can do this by uploading them to the IRCC's website or by sending them by mail.

If you are still unsure about what to do, you can contact IRCC for assistance. They will be able to help you make sure that your photos meet the requirements and that they are submitted correctly.

Here are some additional tips for taking a good passport photo:
  • Make sure that your hair is neat and out of your face.
  • Wear clothes that are appropriate for a passport photo.
  • Avoid wearing jewelry or other accessories that could be distracting.
  • Look directly at the camera and smile naturally.
I hope this information is helpful. Good luck with your application!

Reactions: The Robust

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
I understand your frustration. It is disappointing to have your application returned for a reason that is within your control.

The first thing you need to do is to make sure that your photos meet the IRCC's requirements. The requirements are as follows:
  • The photo must be a recent passport-style photo.
  • The photo must be taken against a plain white background.
  • The photo must be in focus.
  • The photo must be clear and free of blemishes.
  • The photo must be of the applicant only.
  • The photo must be a head-and-shoulders shot.
If your photos do not meet the requirements, you will need to retake them. You can have your photos taken at a professional photo studio or you can take them yourself. If you take your photos yourself, make sure that you follow the IRCC's instructions carefully.

Once you have retaken your photos, you will need to submit them to IRCC along with your application. You can do this by uploading them to the IRCC's website or by sending them by mail.

If you are still unsure about what to do, you can contact IRCC for assistance. They will be able to help you make sure that your photos meet the requirements and that they are submitted correctly.

Here are some additional tips for taking a good passport photo:
  • Make sure that your hair is neat and out of your face.
  • Wear clothes that are appropriate for a passport photo.
  • Avoid wearing jewelry or other accessories that could be distracting.
  • Look directly at the camera and smile naturally.
I hope this information is helpful. Good luck with your application!
I will send a paper application now, done with this online portal thing

AliSaleem

Apr 19, 2017
Hello everyone,
What's the right way to upload "Upload your photo (back)" should it only be the back side with stamp etc. or one JPEG having both front & back.
For the front side, digital photo has already been uploaded, but my photographer gave me the scanned copy of front & back in one JPEG.

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Hello everyone,
What's the right way to upload "Upload your photo (back)" should it only be the back side with stamp etc. or one JPEG having both front & back.
For the front side, digital photo has already been uploaded, but my photographer gave me the scanned copy of front & back in one JPEG.
I recommend sending a paper application

My application was returned twice due to photo issues

khanaiman837

Mar 25, 2020
Hello All.. Need your opinion here..
Me and my wife landed in Canada on 6 May 2023. On 1st June 2023, we received the letter to resubmit our photos, and on 3rd June 2023 we got our photos clicked again at Shoppers Mart and posted them on the same day through Canada Post. On 9th June 2023, my wife received her PR Card, with old photo on it. I haven’t received my card so far, and online it says that it’s under process. Can someone please advise when can I expect my card to arrive ? I believe people had to wait for 6 months for the same issue last year. Has the time decreased now ?
Thank you

Apr 26, 2020
Urgent Question: Do they accept photos with a photo studio name from outside Canada?

Why Urgent: I got a job offer from a top company, and am afraid I might lose it due to delays.

Context: We soft landed and came back to Ireland, then received a request for photo resubmission for PR Card. We have 2 options now:
  1. We send a soft copy to our friends in Canada, they print it, Mention Photo Studio's name where photos were printed and send it to Case Processing Center.
  2. We get photos clicked in Ireland, Mention Photo studio's name and stamp on back, and then send the physical photos to our relatives, who then can forward it to Case Processing Center.
1st One is Faster and Cheaper, but would not have any stamp on the back. Would that work?

Apr 26, 2020
Landed Oct 20 2022
Photo resubmission request Dec 30 2022
Photos submitted Dec 10 2022
(photo clicked abroad and sent to a friend in canada to deliiver to syney through tracked canada post)
Ghost Update Feb 17 2023
Card approved and mailed Feb 27 2023

Hey!
I am in the same boat (I soft landed, came back to my home country and now received the request for photo resubmission).

1 Important Question: Did you mention your local photo stuido's name on the back before sending it to your friends in Canada?

I am concerned if they accept photos clicked outside Canada.

JasonReyes

Jun 19, 2023
Hello people.

So, my ECAS shows that a decision has already been made, but when I login to my IRCC account and check my permanent residence application, it says that a decision has not been made, so I don't know what's going on here.

Can someone explain?

JasonReyes

Jun 19, 2023
Does anyone know how long it takes for the IRCC account to update after a decision is made on ECAS? I am an inland applicant under the protected person class. If anyone has experience, please reply to my post. Thanks.

nikdev

Aug 20, 2021
Urgent Question: Do they accept photos with a photo studio name from outside Canada?

Why Urgent:
I got a job offer from a top company, and am afraid I might lose it due to delays.

Context: We soft landed and came back to Ireland, then received a request for photo resubmission for PR Card. We have 2 options now:
  1. We send a soft copy to our friends in Canada, they print it, Mention Photo Studio's name where photos were printed and send it to Case Processing Center.
  2. We get photos clicked in Ireland, Mention Photo studio's name and stamp on back, and then send the physical photos to our relatives, who then can forward it to Case Processing Center.
1st One is Faster and Cheaper, but would not have any stamp on the back. Would that work?
Hi @pratiksharma0008
Can you please help and tell me what you did ? am in same boat and out side on Canada

utsavvora

Mar 5, 2024

Why Urgent:
I got a job offer from a top company, and am afraid I might lose it due to delays.

Hi Pratik,
How did you solve this?

I am facing a similar situation right now

Thanks