+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Photo rejected for PR card application filed during landing process

void_monk

Feb 12, 2010
Dear All,
I am currently working in US. I completed my landing process in January and returned back to US.And within 30 days got my PR card at canada address. But for my wife the PR card never arrived.
On calling the CIC call centre ,they told that her photo was rejected and we should wait for the letter from CIC .
The letter arrived and we were asked to visit the CIC centre to deposit the new photos in person.The letter stated that we have to do this within 180 days of the letter date without fail.

My concern is that if my wife is not able to submit photographs in person during this period, what will be the result?
Will she need to re-apply for a new PR card? or what is the worst case scenario?
Please help me

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
void_monk said:
Dear All,
I am currently working in US. I completed my landing process in January and returned back to US.And within 30 days got my PR card at canada address. But for my wife the PR card never arrived.
On calling the CIC call centre ,they told that her photo was rejected and we should wait for the letter from CIC .
The letter arrived and we were asked to visit the CIC centre to deposit the new photos in person.The letter stated that we have to do this within 180 days of the letter date without fail.

My concern is that if my wife is not able to submit photographs in person during this period, what will be the result?
Will she need to re-apply for a new PR card? or what is the worst case scenario?
Please help me
Just do it man! what's your problem with going in person. If you have to do it, you have to do it!!!
Worst case scenario is that your wife will never get her PR Card, that's all!!!
Else best is, write to them stating that stating your inability to provide the photos on time & request for an extension. You will then automatically get a reply with the possible consequences !! 8)

Boljet

Star Member
Oct 27, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Void_Monk,
Sorry for the letter.
What is the real reason for the request for the passport photo personally.

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why was the photo rejected? Did you try to ask them if mailing the new photo acceptable?

¬m2l

void_monk

Feb 12, 2010
The photo was not meeting the PR card standards and thats why they said its rejected.
I requested then if we can send the photographs through mail but the service centre associate told that we have to come in person to the centre and submit the photographs.
I just want to know that if we are unable to submit it within 180 days (as i am working in US) can we submit a new application by mail?

Thanks

nag1d

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
void_monk said:
Dear All,

Please help me
Did you receive the letter at the address in Canada? Did they specify the reasons why it was rejected? Are the photo specifications different for the PR application when compared to what on the CoPR?

I am assuming you have resolved this by now. Can you please share details of what you did?

Regards,
nag1d

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Better to go before the 180days given however should you fail, that doesn't mean your wife will not be able to obtain her PR card again. What it means is that she will not be considered a new applicant and the timeline for receiving the card might be extended beyond the average 6weeks given for a first time applicant.