+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Phone number to call CIC from outside Canada

immigrationfun

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Can someone point me to a thread / webpage that has the phone number I can use to call CIC from outside Canada to check the status of my application? I tried searching the forum but could not find one.
Thanks,
Immigrationfun

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cic/ircc +1 (613) 944-4000

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolverine17 said:
Can we call for inquiries or not?
You can. Be ready with your EE profile no, PP No, DoB ..they may ask

mdaako

May 27, 2017
Hello all,

I tried to call 1 (613) 944-4000 bu the line is always busy. Do you know If this number still valid?

Sincerely

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
It never was busy, try some other time.

mdaako

May 27, 2017
Hello

Thank you for your reply. I am calling from Brazil but the number still doesn't work. I thought the number was incorrect but according to your answ I believe the number is correct but maybe I am facing some specific problem.

rudy_rudy

Jul 20, 2018
Hi, I managed to SUCCEED to contact CIC outside of Canada(July 20th, 2018), and thought I should share my experience here in case there are other people who are going through the same situation.

First off, the strategy I chose was to use Skype to call overseas. You can simply sign up, and purchase Skype credits for a certain amount. I spent $10(CAD) just in case I run out of credits while calling, and ended up using about $2(CAD). Personally I think $5 max would be enough if you were to call only CIC and that's it.

Then, I tried calling two different numbers to reach CIC:
a) +1 888-242-2100: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada Client Support Centre (Monday to Friday; 8am to 4pm)
This is the commonly well known number for contacting them, but unfortunately it didn't work for me on Skype. I tried three times, and kept receiving a message from the operators which said, "Your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and dial again."

b) +1 613-944-4000: Citizenship and Immigration Canada Corporate Offices
Then, I wanted to give a shot to this second popular Citizenship and Immigration Canada phone number, and FYI I called at around 9am PDT(Pacific Daylight Time). Finally, I was hearing the dial tone instead of the call being dropped, but it didn't put me in the queue after automated message when I was trying to reach an agent, claiming that they were experiencing high volumes.

After some more research, I discovered that the best time to call +1 613-944-4000 is at 2:15 pm PDT, so I waited until then to call them again. For this time it finally put me in the queue after automated message, though the waiting time was 48 minutes long. It sounded extremely long, but I had no other choice than patiently waiting. And Voila! I was finally able to talk to one of the agents after 50 minutes of listening to their meditative soundtrack.

Some other tips just in case:
1) This is pretty straightforward, but it totally got me in the beginning; don't forget to include '+' before you dial the phone number. Otherwise, it won't work.
2) In terms of automated message just make sure that you press the right number as to your current status(mine was study permit), and after answering a couple of them they will give you as one of the options if you'd like to talk to one of their agents.

Hope this helps, and good luck! :)

Reactions: jackan

KanadianGuy

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
i was able to dial the number +1 613-944-4000 from my USA cell until a week back but it doesn't seem working anymore.
It gives me the options and then tries to forward my call to CIC and that is when it stopped working now (at least for me). While trying to transferring the call to cic it says the toll free number u have dialed is not available in your area.? I did talk to the agent a couple times using the same number.

Do we have any other number which will work from outside canada?

williamps

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
21-12-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
i was able to dial the number +1 613-944-4000 from my USA cell until a week back but it doesn't seem working anymore.
It gives me the options and then tries to forward my call to CIC and that is when it stopped working now (at least for me). While trying to transferring the call to cic it says the toll free number u have dialed is not available in your area.? I did talk to the agent a couple times using the same number.

Do we have any other number which will work from outside canada?
Hi, I'm trying to reach the same number +1 613-944-4000 from USA and i'm getting the same msg as yours........ did you get through with a different number ?

kobimehta

Dec 27, 2019
I called +1 613-944-4000 and successfully connected as well but the automated message said Welcome to global assist Canada. This office will not answer questions or provide information about immigration, refugees and citizenship Canada.

Not sure how can they help with a Express entry PR application.

MVermaRB

Feb 24, 2020
I called +1 613-944-4000 and successfully connected as well but the automated message said Welcome to global assist Canada. This office will not answer questions or provide information about immigration, refugees and citizenship Canada.

Not sure how can they help with a Express entry PR application.
i got the same response, any luck yet to contact cic from outside Canada? let me know too!