+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Phone call from CIC?

volee

Jul 23, 2015
Hi all, has the CIC/IRCC ever contacted you via phone calls directly before? I am currently outside of Canada and waiting for oath letter. I have left my SIM card for a relative to use as she's visiting. There were a couple of calls to my number but she didn't pick up the call as she doesn't speak English. I am just worried that it could be from CIC. My current status is DM. Thanks for responding.

omerhaha

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Hi all, has the CIC/IRCC ever contacted you via phone calls directly before? I am currently outside of Canada and waiting for oath letter. I have left my SIM card for a relative to use as she's visiting. There were a couple of calls to my number but she didn't pick up the call as she doesn't speak English. I am just worried that it could be from CIC. My current status is DM. Thanks for responding.
It is very unlikely that these calls were from cic , they will contact you through email

frange

May 25, 2018
Nothing to worry if have access to internet. Just check your Ecas and your email regularly .... that's all.

bubulici

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
yes, a lady case officer called with private number when I had a pending PR card app to verify some data that she found 'confusing'.

Last edited: