+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PHILIPPINES

Shn05

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
I’m wondering if anyone has travelled to Canada from the philippines with a trv who’s an immediAte family of a canadian citizen. As I heard Philippines is not letting any filipino‘s to go out of the country unless they are overseas workers, permanent resident’s of another country

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I’m wondering if anyone has travelled to Canada from the philippines with a trv who’s an immediAte family of a canadian citizen. As I heard Philippines is not letting any filipino‘s to go out of the country unless they are overseas workers, permanent resident’s of another country
PH Immigration will not let a citizen leave the country to anywhere with only a TRV. Has nothing to do with being allowed to enter Canada. Believe me, we found out with our first hand experience.

Reactions: Buletruck

Rosybeaner888

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
If there's a travel ban, then u can't go out from the country (Philippines). U can use your trv to visit your spouse/relatives in Canada.

Shn05

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
PH Immigration will not let a citizen leave the country to anywhere with only a TRV. Has nothing to do with being allowed to enter Canada. Believe me, we found out with our first hand experience.
I heard as you as you obtain BI’s endorsement letter then they will let you go out of the country

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
I heard as you as you obtain BI’s endorsement letter then they will let you go out of the country
This is correct.

My mother is on a TRV and arrived here on June 9. We had to email the president's email (publicly available) address who then forwarded our concern to BI who gave my mom the letter of authorization to leave the Philippines.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
This is correct.

My mother is on a TRV and arrived here on June 9. We had to email the president's email (publicly available) address who then forwarded our concern to BI who gave my mom the letter of authorization to leave the Philippines.
Glad to hear that it is possible. We were starting to talk to BI to try and do just as you say you did. But then the CDN Embassy came through with getting our visa's stamped and COPR's issued because of our situation, so we didn't pursue it further with BI.

Shn05

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
This is correct.

May I get the email address and may I know what you told them? :)

Hopeful1026

Sep 1, 2019
Hi,
I have a work visa in my passport but I have an ongoing PR application as well. Do I need to get POLO and OEC? Because technically, I am travelling with the intention to migrate already so the OEC (or being an OFW) is not going to apply to me.

bananabear

Jan 3, 2021
Glad to hear that it is possible. We were starting to talk to BI to try and do just as you say you did. But then the CDN Embassy came through with getting our visa's stamped and COPR's issued because of our situation, so we didn't pursue it further with BI.
Hello, when was your COPR issued? We have a pending PR application that's been delayed due to COVID and we've been waiting for months for the passport request. May I ask how you followed up your application? Thanks

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I am a CDN citizen, I was trying to get back to Canada with my family. It was a different part of the government that got a hold of the Embassy on our behalf. If you aren't a CDN citizen in the PH this wouldn't work for you.