+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Philippines to Canada visitor visa rejected, please help on re apply

kingdawid

Jan 20, 2016
Hi expert visa folks,

I tried to get a friend to come over from the Philippines to visit me and my family, I sent a letter of invitation and helped her with submitting the visitor visa application online. About a week after submitting she got refusal for these reasons:

- You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
-travel history
-Employment prospects in country of residence
-Current employment situation

Those are the only reasons the visa was rejected.

My first question is what if she is heavily involved in a church organization, like some sort of volunteer work? Can she submit documents that she does volunteer work for the church and that would clear up the employment? What if an applicant does alot of vounteer work (work with no pay), does that count towards employment and would clear that reason out? What if the applicant is a student in a college, would documents of being a student clear up the employment reason?

Also, she has never left the country, so does that mean even if I clear up the employment reasons she still cannot visit canada because she never left the country before?! Or is there something to this "travel history" I don't know about?

Finally, if she were to get a job really soon and give evidence that she has a job would that clear up the employment reasons, even though she would have only worked there say for like 1 or 2 weeks?

Please reply to these questions as I have been reading on these forums "visa refusal" keywords and the topics have not clearly been answering my questions, like about the volunteer work or church involvement.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - volunteer work won't be helpful. The work would need to be full time and paid. She would also need to obtain a letter from her employer confirming she has been given time off work for a vacation and when she will be returning. Obviously she can't just get a full time job and immediately apply for another visitor visa. She would need to work in that job for several months (I would recommend at least four months) in order for CIC to see it as a tie. Yes - school can be used as a tie. But again, she can't just get admitted to a program and then apply for another visitor visa. She needs to be able to show that she is in school full time and that she is taking a vacation during a school break. She would need to provide a letter of confirmation from her school confirming she is a full time student and also show proof she has paid her tuition fees for the next term.

The fact she has never traveled outside of her country doesn't mean it's impossible for her to be approved. It just makes it harder.

Getting a job and then applying for another visa in 1-2 weeks is a bad idea. CIC will see this isn't a real tie and the only reason she got the job was to try to get her visa approved. Again, she needs to work in the job for several months before trying to apply again.

Yurie27

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
cebu city
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
Doc's Request.