+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Philippines Marriage License Release timeline

kingdawid

Jan 20, 2016
Hi spousal sponsorship experts,

So I want to know if I can go to Philippines (from Canada) and get married to my girlfriend in 1 visit of about 2-3 weeks (with wedding date planned). I have been reading on marriage license (so we can have a Christian wedding) and I read that once forms are submitted to get a marriage license the actual release of the license (so we can use it) takes about 10 days. Is this true?

But I don't want to wait 10 days or perhaps more for a marriage license when the wedding date would be right around the corner.

So with the 10 day wait in mind, I have a different question. Do I have to be in the Philippines to apply for the Marriage License form (form 90)? If I don't have to be there I can do all these forms and wait for marriage license before I land in the Philippines. Otherwise I might have to decide to make 2 trips to the Philippines, which to me is a large extra chunk of money spent, and I also only have 3 weeks vacation this year, plus a wedding date to plan out, so I also have to plan out my family plane tickets.