+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Philippine nurses: Pinoy RN License Canada

babeerino

Star Member
Sep 25, 2012
Hello! Id like to ask lang po if applying for LPN in canada will require a competency assessment prior to the actual exam? Or is the assessment only applicable to those applying as an RN. I have read kasi on the websites of various provinces in Canada that they require a comptency assessment for applicants writing the NCLEX. However, I cannot find concrete information on whether or not assessments are done for LPN applications prior to writing the Practical nurse exam?

SPMH

Star Member
Aug 21, 2011
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
AOR Received.
02-05-2012
Passport Req..
15-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2014
LANDED..........
31-01-2014
babeerino said:
Hello! Id like to ask lang po if applying for LPN in canada will require a competency assessment prior to the actual exam? Or is the assessment only applicable to those applying as an RN. I have read kasi on the websites of various provinces in Canada that they require a comptency assessment for applicants writing the NCLEX. However, I cannot find concrete information on whether or not assessments are done for LPN applications prior to writing the Practical nurse exam?
Check the NNAS website. Assessment begins there, whether LPN or RN.

Feb 1, 2015
babeerino said:
Hi kristina! Im from the Philippines and I am considering enrolling at OMNI college for my Canadian Nursing Review. I have taken the Acad IELTS as well but my writing fell short (6.5). And so I was advised to take the 2 week CELBAN review offered by the college. To be honest I am quite scared of what Im getting myself into but I want to take the first step already because I think its becoming more and more difficult for IENs to register in Canada.

I would just like to ask how is it like living in Vancouver? By the way are you on student visa? Id really appreciate your reply :))

im very glad to here from this thread. im a newbie here. and i think we are on the same page.

robzxy

May 26, 2013
First tanong ko po sa mga RPNs na or RN dito sa Ontario. Under pa ako ng LICP, mageexpire na ang safe practice ko this December 2015. Need ko nalang isubmit ay english requirment and yung last...PR.
Matatapos palang ako sa LICP ko this July, so if open work permit ay still 3 mos or 4, NOvember labas na ng open work permit ko. HOPING!
Pwede po ba kaya ito ang isubmit ko instead of the Permanent Residency Card na last requirment ng CNO? May nabasa ako pwede naman daw ag open work permit...... pero need ko lang makasigurado. Anyone na naka experience na nto? Unfair naman kasi sa ontario, 3 yrs lang ang safepractice nila na consider, eh sa ibang provinces 5 yrs ang backward counting. Eh pag nag apply ang isang caregiver ng PR applcation almost lampas na ng 3 yrs yun...

I hope makakuha ako ng reliable answers.Please. I need enlightenment. naaanxious na kasi ako sa lagay ng mga PHil RNs dito sa canada.
paki email nalang po ako, kasi lagi ako di masyado online lately due to work conditions. (robzxy@yahoo.com)

SALAMAT PO!

teejamv

May 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
AOR Received.
17-12-2013
Med's Request
10-04-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014
Passport Req..
2-7-2014
LANDED..........
Feb. 2 2015
Landed here in Canada last Feb 2 2015. Almost 1 month and wala pa din work. I tried applying as an Health care assistant or care aide or nursing assistant but most of them are requiring me to have CPR, WHMIS etc. Ganto po ba talaga? Im living in vancouver island, bc. Im a nurse in the philippines. I havent applied for NNAS yet kasi mejo mahal since I'm paying for the house rent, bills etc. I was thinking to have my NNAS processed pag may work na ako.

Sana may makapagbigay sa amin ng advice kung ano dapat unahin gawin at magandang gawin. THank you.

SPMH

Star Member
Aug 21, 2011
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
AOR Received.
02-05-2012
Passport Req..
15-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2014
LANDED..........
31-01-2014
teejamv said:
Landed here in Canada last Feb 2 2015. Almost 1 month and wala pa din work. I tried applying as an Health care assistant or care aide or nursing assistant but most of them are requiring me to have CPR, WHMIS etc. Ganto po ba talaga? Im living in vancouver island, bc. Im a nurse in the philippines. I havent applied for NNAS yet kasi mejo mahal since I'm paying for the house rent, bills etc. I was thinking to have my NNAS processed pag may work na ako.

Sana may makapagbigay sa amin ng advice kung ano dapat unahin gawin at magandang gawin. THank you.
Hi Teejamv,
Welcome to Canada!
Ganon talaga eh. No choice than to get those requirements bago makapasok sa health care.
Baka may Skills Connect dyan sa VI, they can help you sa registration sa NNAS, English exam. I got funds from them, but I live here in Vancouver.
Good luck!

fab.elle16

Mar 12, 2015
Hi to all..I will receive my open permit next month,i graduated BSN but not registered yet in the Phil.I just applied comprehensive evaluation sa ICEs as 1 of the req.for me to register as BC HCA..next is to take the HCA introduction to practice course..is it better to start as HCA or LPN na?thank u po sa sasagot..

rosycheekzz

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18, 2014 Rceivd July 22, 2014 in CPC MISS.,ON
AOR Received.
Sept 09, 2014 AOR 2 Sept 24, 2014
File Transfer...
Sept 17, 2014
Med's Done....
June 20, 2014
Passport Req..
april 29,2014 in process april 22, 2014
fab.elle16 said:
Hi to all..I will receive my open permit next month,i graduated BSN but not registered yet in the Phil.I just applied comprehensive evaluation sa ICEs as 1 of the req.for me to register as BC HCA..next is to take the HCA introduction to practice course..is it better to start as HCA or LPN na?thank u po sa sasagot..
Hi, I am new to this forum. I am an RN in PHILS. I can relate to what you've posted because that is what I am planning to do once I get to BC. I believe starting out as HCA is not bad at all. I see it as advantageous because you are gonna expose yourself to Canada's health care system. Gradually you will learn and adapt to this system and you will have this ladder towards being a Canadian RN. I haven't received my visa yet but I am looking forward to pursuing my calling in Canada no matter what it takes.I want to clarify some things regarding the ICES evaluation. Can I have it done while I am still here in the Philippines? Can my husband receive the report in his home? Your response will highly be appreciated.

p3me

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2010
Passport Req..
11-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2011
LANDED..........
03-02-2011
teejamv said:

Hi Teejamv

I took my WHMIS course/exam just online, no fee. You can do that too, i think.
And for your CPR, you can go to any red cross/heart and stroke foundation and pay a fee of 50$ to get basic CPR training.

Good luck

teejamv

May 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
AOR Received.
17-12-2013
Med's Request
10-04-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014
Passport Req..
2-7-2014
LANDED..........
Feb. 2 2015
fab.elle16 said:
yan din plan ko. san mo po balak magtake ng HCA course? Douglas college?

Tj777

Nov 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-06-2014
Passport Req..
05-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
Good Day Everyone!!Just want to ask if who knows how much is the payment for the CLBA test in Alberta?!Thanks

fab.elle16

Mar 12, 2015
rosycheekzz said:
Hi, I am new to this forum. I am an RN in PHILS. I can relate to what you've posted because that is what I am planning to do once I get to BC. I believe starting out as HCA is not bad at all. I see it as advantageous because you are gonna expose yourself to Canada's health care system. Gradually you will learn and adapt to this system and you will have this ladder towards being a Canadian RN. I haven't received my visa yet but I am looking forward to pursuing my calling in Canada no matter what it takes.I want to clarify some things regarding the ICES evaluation. Can I have it done while I am still here in the Philippines? Can my husband receive the report in his home? Your response will highly be appreciated.
Pm sent