Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
Feb 7 2013 ; PP SENT: FEB 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 10, 2013
Updates on Nursing will start on August 12. One of the update is the formation of NNAS. Check it out guys.

dpl

Jul 30, 2014
Hello im just new here. There are things i want to know about becoming a nurse here in canad. First im still in my live in caregver prog will there be a problem with that in terms of my status. I got an email from cno and they want me to take the jurisdiction exam what does it means? Is there anyone here who took that exam already? Pls help me thanks im quite confused.

excalibur001

Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS global, Makati, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2014
LANDED..........
Augus 10 2014
chalknaht said:
Updates on Nursing will start on August 12. One of the update is the formation of NNAS. Check it out guys.

kakainis nman ang nnas. dagdag sa bayarin T.T

excalibur001

Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2014
LANDED..........
Augus 10 2014
Hello po please help me decide on that to do on my nursing career..

I'm coming to Canada in british columbia this august...

Im not sure on what to do first... shuold i study first and gain a diploma before taking the sec assessment and before taking the crnbc..

or should i go and take the sec assessment right away...

I already contacted some universities in bc.. if ever i study ill be taking the Licensure Preparation Advanced Diploma - Nurses in universal learning institute.

sugarlicious

Aug 4, 2014
Hello..

Hello.. Im a newbie in this forum. Just like most of us, I also need some enlightenment
on my current situation.
I am a Temporary Foreign Worker here in Alberta, with pending
Provincial Nomination application for Permanent Residence.
I really wanted to pursue nursing here in Canada and it's no easy way.
But I am very determined to go through all that, I just dont know how and where to start.
I am an RN in the philippines, with no work experience except the volunteer job I did for 6mos
, but that was 5yrs ago. My questions are:
1. Can I actually apply for assessment of CRNA here in Alberta even if I am only on work permit? By the way, i am currently working in a restaurant.
2: do they ask for PR status before they allow you to take any of those assessment exams like SEC, or say attend the LPN class? Do they accept and assess your credential at CRNA even you are not an immigrant or pr here?
3. If i decided to apply for registration to CRNA, will that make a negative impact on my ongoing PR application?

megalomax

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Philippines
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
7/07/2012
Doc's Request.
21/07/2014
AOR Received.
23/03/2018
Med's Request
16/07/2018
Med's Done....
14/08/2018
I have a friend who took her exam 2 years after landing. She passed but since she didn't work for the past six months as a nurse, her license was withheld and she was asked to enroll in a course (forgot what). She's still PR status I think.

excalibur001

Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2014
LANDED..........
Augus 10 2014
Re: Hello..

sugarlicious said:
Hello.. Im a newbie in this forum. Just like most of us, I also need some enlightenment
on my current situation.
I am a Temporary Foreign Worker here in Alberta, with pending
Provincial Nomination application for Permanent Residence.
I really wanted to pursue nursing here in Canada and it's no easy way.
But I am very determined to go through all that, I just dont know how and where to start.
I am an RN in the philippines, with no work experience except the volunteer job I did for 6mos, but that was 5yrs ago. My questions are:
1. Can I actually apply for assessment of CRNA here in Alberta even if I am only on work permit? By the way, i am currently working in a restaurant.
2: do they ask for PR status before they allow you to take any of those assessment exams like SEC, or say attend the LPN class? Do they accept and assess your credential at CRNA even you are not an immigrant or pr here?
3. If i decided to apply for registration to CRNA, will that make a negative impact on my ongoing PR application?
You actually have 2 options.. you can review first before you take the sec assessment or you can take it right away..

If you do take the sec assessment right away.. They will tell you if you need to enroll in a program to enhance your knowledge or not..

If you do pass the sec assessment then you can write the crne

But I think they do require nursing experience of atleast 1125 hours (not sure)

sugarlicious

Aug 4, 2014

excalibur001 said:
You actually have 2 options.. you can review first before you take the sec assessment or you can take it right away..

If you do take the sec assessment right away.. They will tell you if you need to enroll in a program to enhance your knowledge or not..

If you do pass the sec assessment then you can write the crne

But I think they do require nursing experience of atleast 1125 hours (not sure)

Hi! Thanks for the reply.
I just recently sent my Letter of Interest to CARNA for assessment. I will have to
do my IELtS first and to pay to complete my application for the assessment. Hopefully, ill
get good results in IELTS. Im planning to take it this september.
If everything is good with my application, will they schedule me to take SEC rigjt away, and if so, how much time do they give you to prepare for it? Do I get to choose when to take SEC? I figured I might as well go for it,
take time to really prepare and study for it...hopefully I can make it. It would be a lot better to pass SEC, than take a two year bridging course before beong able to sit for CRNE.

excalibur001

Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2014
LANDED..........
Augus 10 2014

I believe you can call them so they can schedule you on your preferred time for the sec assessment I'm not sure though how long they would allow you to review after you pass the sec to write the crne..

What I do suggest is for you to take a program first since you've mentioned that you are willing to undergo a bridging program.. why not take that first before taking the sec assessment because it'll prepare you as well for the sec assessment and the exam. It'll be an advantage for you.. If you pass the sec assessment you can take the crne as soon as possible..

I saw some private colleges offering a review for internationally educated nurses even for just a year or a year and a half to prepare them for all the exams

excalibur001

Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2014
LANDED..........
Augus 10 2014
Well by the way if you do take the sec assessment first and they tell you that you need to enroll in a bridging program you can do that too

kellybs1234

Aug 25, 2014
I am an RN who recently passed the May 2014 board exams in the Philippines. As of now, I have plans of going in Canada to study a post-graduate program either in Palliative or in Gerontology care on January 2015. Along with this was having an overall band score of 7.0 (S = 7.0; L = 6.5; R = 7.5; W = 6.0). By having said that, I am interested to know what are the other requirements for me to be eligible for taking CRNE? Thank you for those who will enlighten me. Godbless :)

excalibur001

Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2014
LANDED..........
Augus 10 2014
kellybs1234 said:
I am an RN who recently passed the May 2014 board exams in the Philippines. As of now, I have plans of going in Canada to study a post-graduate program either in Palliative or in Gerontology care on January 2015. Along with this was having an overall band score of 7.0 (S = 7.0; L = 6.5; R = 7.5; W = 6.0). By having said that, I am interested to know what are the other requirements for me to be eligible for taking CRNE? Thank you for those who will enlighten me. Godbless :)
what province are you planning to go to? the exam will depend on what area you will be in..

elainereyesrn

May 15, 2014
chalknaht said:
Anung province destination mo? And when do you plan to go there? Every province iba iba kaya di ko muna masasagot ang mga tanong mo.

Sa ontario po..waiting po ako ng passport and visa kaya di ko alam kng kelan ako mkakapunta jan.
I sent my passport together woth my mom and daughter and other docs after medical sa immigration sa manila last march 25,2014 and until now wla pa din, gaano po ba katagal un bago isend back samin?

john ray

Sep 27, 2014
i am planning to apply too,but right now im still here in the philippines...if i were able to pass the licensure exam and given a license by their nursing body in canada is there an assurance that i will be able to work their as an RN?

excalibur001

Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2014
LANDED..........
Augus 10 2014
john ray said:
i am planning to apply too,but right now im still here in the philippines...if i were able to pass the licensure exam and given a license by their nursing body in canada is there an assurance that i will be able to work their as an RN?
Yes as long as you pass all their requirements..