Passport Req..
9/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/06/2013
LANDED..........
12/9/2013 EDMONTON
drockers said:
Hi guyz anyone who can help me?

Im a rn in philippines, i want to practise my profession here in canada as LPN. I inquired on how to be in an LPN one of thier requirements is a verification of license. My problem was i worked in saudi as RN i dont know if the saudi commission for health specialies will do that and how to process it.
Pls. Help me thanks
Verification of License as RN -for me was done for PRC only. as Registered in country of origin. Just file it in the province you are planning to apply. I came from KSA and they did not ask me registration from there, but they will have a verification form signed from previous employers or Hospital Experience.

regards

chalknaht

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
April 1, 2012
IELTS Request
June 2012
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
Feb 7 2013 ; PP SENT: FEB 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 10, 2013
Anyone did IQAS here? Did you include your highschool education? Pwede bang di isama na yun? Thanks

nina_bg

Jul 23, 2010
karrielove2004 said:
just to share and hoping but seems it is very hard

hi, i usually dont read long articles here but i was able to read fully yours and thank you for your story.. im also moving to canada via quebec skilled worker.
i know.. when i get there i cannot find an RN job yet but i will do my best to get where i want to be.. im also worried what kind of job i may get when i get there but im already preparing myself mentally coz i know its is only temporary.. Dont be discourage.. keep on doing what you want to become.. it may takes time but surely you'll get there..;)

chalknaht

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
April 1, 2012
IELTS Request
June 2012
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
Feb 7 2013 ; PP SENT: FEB 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 10, 2013
nina_bg said:
hi, i usually dont read long articles here but i was able to read fully yours and thank you for your story.. im also moving to canada via quebec skilled worker.
i know.. when i get there i cannot find an RN job yet but i will do my best to get where i want to be.. im also worried what kind of job i may get when i get there but im already preparing myself mentally coz i know its is only temporary.. Dont be discourage.. keep on doing what you want to become.. it may takes time but surely you'll get there..;)
Been here in manitoba for 6 months now. Im on waiting list in lpn cca.. and i just open a file in crnm. Will do everything to be a nurse soon because i know i could. Life is hard but worth fighting for.

ainex_francois

Star Member
Apr 2, 2010
Taif, Saudi Arabia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drockers said:
Hi guyz anyone who can help me?

Im a rn in philippines, i want to practise my profession here in canada as LPN. I inquired on how to be in an LPN one of thier requirements is a verification of license. My problem was i worked in saudi as RN i dont know if the saudi commission for health specialies will do that and how to process it.
Pls. Help me thanks

I came from Saudi. BECAUSE they don't and can't provide verification I have to do extra RN bridging program courses. That was 2012. Maybe they changed now? Idk. But just explain to the college of LPN/ RN where you want to register that you can't provide when in saudi. However, maybe your mudeer or person in charge for papers can call somebody in the KSA licensing body and can find a way?

ainex_francois

Star Member
Apr 2, 2010
Taif, Saudi Arabia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just my two cents. There's no way you can automatically work as a nurse here in Canada if you don't have previous nursing experience. Applying for LPN/RN license here in NS needs at least a year nursing experience. I think even in other provinces. And again, no way you can apply if you don't have IELTS if you didn't come from an English speaking country as the first language. Meaning, you have to take IELTS. So if you really want to come here and work, start getting working experience and pass your IELTS because every year each licensing body's rules for IELTS is changing, they keep on making the passing mark higher and higher.

A

airacaberoy

Good Day everyone, My family and I will be migrating very soon in Canada (less than 6 months with PR status). I am an RN with MSN major in Adult Health here in the Philippines, no work experience (due to their requirement, to be dependent). I would like to be a Medical Doctor, will they consider my bachelor's degree and may I proceed to medicine proper?

And what type of work do you suggest me to have immediately?

Thanks and God bless to all!

Doms1986

Jan 28, 2014
Hi, I had recently opened a file in the college of LPN in manitoba and they are asking me a proof of certification and results authorized by DOLE about the special voluntary exams of part 3 and 5 of the test last june 2007. I wrote the NLE on june 2006 (as we all know the leakage scandal) and at first i did not passed. The PRC did some re-computation on October 2006 and I was one of the additional passers. The bad thing is that the news back then, USA was the only country that ban nurses who passed the june 2006 NLE and they want to voluntary retake the part 3 and 5 to have a visa. Because of that, I did not took the voluntary exams last 2007. I just recently knew by now that Canada is also doing this. Is my application is in jeopardy? pls help me.thanks

ainex_francois

Star Member
Apr 2, 2010
Taif, Saudi Arabia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
airacaberoy said:
Good Day everyone, My family and I will be migrating very soon in Canada (less than 6 months with PR status). I am an RN with MSN major in Adult Health here in the Philippines, no work experience (due to their requirement, to be dependent). I would like to be a Medical Doctor, will they consider my bachelor's degree and may I proceed to medicine proper?

And what type of work do you suggest me to have immediately?

Thanks and God bless to all!

Well you should contact College of Medicine in the province that you'll land. You should contact them ASAP even before you land because for sure it is a long process and expensive.

Type of work ASAP? Prolly clerk in any food chain. You can also be an unregulated health care worker since you're an RN without experience.

paparugz

Feb 7, 2014
I need help! I want to work as a Nurse in Vancouver Canada. But I don't know how to start my application.

I'am a Registred Nurse here in the Philippines and practicing as a Staff Nurse for almost 7yrs. now. can anyone send me steps to do? so i can start? PLS! I Rally want to work there.

Fox Luna

Jul 18, 2013
Hi everyone, I have been reading alot of posts but I can't find answers to my inquiries.

Please help, I am a live-in caregiver in Alberta and still in the LIC program till October 2014, in which after that date, I can now apply for an Open work permit/PR.

I have recently passed my Celban, and I am planning to submit my application to CARNA and CLPNA.

Questions:

1. If I was granted a conditional license to work as an LPN, but still in the LIC program, will I have to wait till I get my open work permit? What if upon waiting the conditional LPN license expires?

3. Will CLPNA and CARNA accept applications from those under the LIve in caregiver program, holding a work permit or working Visa??

Replies are appreciated!

Thank you!

jeesyang

Feb 28, 2014
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and I just have a few questions and concerns.

My Aunt who is from Edmonton is planning in petitioning me to be a caregiver for my grandfather and I plan to apply as a nurse after the 2 year grace period where I will be a Canadian Resident. I have only a year and a half experience here in the Philippines and I plan on passing the NCLEX board exam before I fly to Canada. My Aunt is not from a Medical Profession and she can't help me in answering this questions.

1. While on that 2 year grace period, could the Canadian BON assess my credentials already or they can only assess it after the 2 year grace period?
2. Would a NCLEX license help me in pursuing a nursing career there or would a Masters in Nursing (here in the Philippines) would be more of a help?
3. And should I take the IELTS exam here in the Philippines or there in Canada?

It would be a big help if you could answer this inquiries. Thank you! =)

vincnet777

Dec 11, 2013
Hello mga kababayan...

I guess I'm one of those lucky one that got in when Canada was desperate for Nurses.. Me and my wife are both RN here in Nova Scotia..Yes Canada pa rin ito..A lot of people ask why NS, I said why not. Living in a small community has it's advantage and disadvantage. I graduated 2007 sa pinas and even if wala akong experience as in "0" ay meron pala sa call center.. We manage to find employer to sponsor us to come to Canada. back then Nova Scotia was very open but that changed when they realized and dami palang Nurse sa pilipinas kaya from one of the easiest province to get Eligibility to write CRNE eh kami na ngayon ang isa sa pinaka strict..

After graduating me and my wife prioritize requirements needed to be employed abroad,, hindi muna kami naghanap ng experience kasi alam naman namin napaka hirap lalo na kung medyo overage kana.. Late 20's na ba. I guess that was our edge kasi we have eligibility to write CRNE and we can get temp lic.

My wife works in a Nursing home as a supervisor at ako naman I managed to get in sa Acute care, finally after 4 years working sa nursing home I was able to convince them that I am capable to do it. I also works casual sa isang forensic unit.. I must say we are comfortable now..

I am always tempted to move to the big city kasi syempre "City" but everytime I search sa mga forum how hard it is to even find a part-time job, lagi ko sinasabi sa sarili ko na I have full time job and able to work casual, we live close to work , walang traffic, wala masyado stress so why move....I guess dito na kami hanggang mag retire..

My suggestion to all my fellow Nurse is why not try it...kahit na Nova Scotia ay isa sa pinaka mahirap makakuha ng eligbility ngayon kami pa rin ang province with the highest percentage of retiring nurses in the next 5 to 10 years.. yes, you may be ask to do bridging studies eh bakit ba yung mga Indian(from India) there's a lot of them doing it and they are able to get it..ang sa akin lang is kung sakali hindi mo agad makuha ang RN role why not start from CCA then LPN then RN.. it may take time and money pero if you really want to pursue the " Canadian dream" them konting sacrifice. Alam ko we also had a fair share of sacrifice kaya I know how hard it is. diko alam sa ibang kababayan natin wala namang masama kung LPN ka.. It doesnt make you a lesser person..or even a lesser nurse.. The goal is to make our patient comfortable whatever role you maybe in.

Good Luck to all!!!

Gwen888

Mar 16, 2014
HELLO PO, IM A NEWBIE HERE. ASK KO LNG PO KUN HOW LONG MAGREPLY ANG CRNM AFTER YOU SENT THE 5 DOCUMENTS TO OPEN A FILE?
HOW LONG PO IS THEIR ASSESSMENT?

tHANK YOU PO.