+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Philippine driver's license holder

BB_keina

Feb 27, 2014
Anyone here with Philippine driver's license?

I would like to ask for tips on how to get a driver's license in Canada. Any documents that I need to secure in LTO?

I am landing in Montreal and planning to transfer to Toronto.

Thank you.

AngelsPlayer

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
10-10-2015
IELTS Request
05-02-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
BB_keina said:

I would like to ask for tips on how to get a driver's license in Canada. Any documents that I need to secure in LTO?

Thank you.

When you come here to Canada, bring your ORIGINAL driving license from Philippine and if possible an international driving license from your country.
if your driver license is not in English you will have to get it translated.
Once after you reach here in manitoba, go to Manitoba Public Insurance office and apply for license
you will have to pay for Knowledge test and Road test
Knowledge test is a multiple choice test on road traffic signs and road law
once you pass the knowledge test you can book your road test.
If you pass the road test you will get your license on the same day..

and when you move to toronto you can swap you manitoba license

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Once after you reach here in manitoba, go to Manitoba Public Insurance office and apply for license
You do of course realize that Manitoba and Toronto are several thousand kilometers from each other....It's about 20 hours of driving to get there! You might want to consider a slightly more convenient method of getting a license.

MissButterfly

Mar 11, 2017
If you get a Full Licence in Manitoba and you move to Toronto, you may not able to get a full licence (Class G) in Toronto if you do not have 2+years of driving experience in Manitoba....

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Buletruck said:
You do of course realize that Manitoba and Toronto are several thousand kilometers from each other....It's about 20 hours of driving to get there! You might want to consider a slightly more convenient method of getting a license.
Then driving from Manitoba to Kenora ON. It's only about 2 hours driving.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
BB_keina said:

Thank you.
Yes, get a certification from the LTO main office if you have over 2 years of driving experience. It will allow you to waive the wait times for the G2 and G road tests after taking the G1 written test. I've done this in Ontario and got to keep my Philippine license.

It does not need to be DFA authenticated, but I had it done anyway, because I preferred picking it up at DFA Aseana.

BB_keina

Feb 27, 2014
bellaluna said:
Yes, get a certification from the LTO main office if you have over 2 years of driving experience. It will allow you to waive the wait times for the G2 and G road tests after taking the G1 written test. I've done this in Ontario and got to keep my Philippine license.

It does not need to be DFA authenticated, but I had it done anyway, because I preferred picking it up at DFA Aseana.
Thank you po...

msballes16

Jun 13, 2018
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
Nomination.....
08-11-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2019

Hello Bellaluna,

What is this certification called in LTO? Is this the same with Phil. Driver License Records? Usually how long is the waiting time for the road test in Canada? And how soon can I book for the road test if I have this certificate from LTO? Thanks!!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello Bellaluna,

What is this certification called in LTO? Is this the same with Phil. Driver License Records? Usually how long is the waiting time for the road test in Canada? And how soon can I book for the road test if I have this certificate from LTO? Thanks!!
It's the Driver's License Certification. You may also choose to get the Certificate of No Apprehension for insurance.
https://www.blekxy.com/lto-drivers-license-certification-and-certificate-of-no-apprehension/

When you have the certification, you can book the full G road test immediately after you pass the G1 in Ontario or whatever the equivalent is in your province, instead of waiting for 2 years.

Last edited: