14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
caththisking said:
Guys one quick question, i think postdoc is lmo exempt? Can we get 600 points for that if mentioned the same when applying in EE.
No LMIA = No 600 point, no exception

Canada-Ontario

Jan 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does any one have any news about the PhD stream under express entry?
Do we have any chance under express entry? I heard some rumours that they are giving extra points to international PhD students in Canada! Is that true?
I really hate myself for not applying before Christmas. That was probably one of the biggest mistakes of my life.

morena34

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Canada-Ontario said:
Does any one have any news about the PhD stream under express entry?
Do we have any chance under express entry? I heard some rumours that they are giving extra points to international PhD students in Canada! Is that true?
I really hate myself for not applying before Christmas. That was probably one of the biggest mistakes of my life.
Hi Buddy. It's absolutely frustrating and disappointing. As far as I see from the 1st and 2nd draws, we need an average total points around 800. In fact this much point is impossible without having a job offer or the Nominee certificate. I personally defended my PhD on September 2014, and my point is only around 400, and obviously I haven't been drawn yet! I've been in Canada over 5 years, and haven't got my PR yet, so I totally get you. But don't second guess your past it just stresses you out. Be patient.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't believe you will get points currently for your Ph.D. studies before your degree. But once you have the degree, even without EE, you can still apply for provincial nomination if the province you are in allows that based on a Canadian Ph.D., and you can still obtain a post-graduate open work permit for 3 years following your degree in an effort to obtain an LMIA-supported job or provincial nomination.

munnakha05

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
berniechin said:
anyone knows if there is still phd stream under FSW category of express entry? cannot find any info on the CIC website. Thank you!
I have applied fsw 2014 under phd stream but my application returned for incompleteness. One document was missing.

It looks most of the people posting in this thread have less idea about EE. THERE IS NO PHD STREAM IN EE AND A PHD STUDENT WILL NOT GET ANY POINT FOR HIS PHD UNLESS HE FINISH STUDY.

Ta or ra experience is also useless. No point for it. My point is 373 including my spouse whereas I had 77 out of 100 in old system. Now you guess how bad this EE for phd student. Unless EE minimum point comes below 450 there is no hope for phd student. As I know phd student cant get points above 450. It is too tough. Married phd student suffer more badly due to less point for spouse. Lets hope for the best.

fan225offline

Feb 27, 2015
For those still in a Phd program, are they even eligible for EE?

(I filled out my EE profile, it says Im eligible for FSW. But I'm afraid I may put incorrect information about work experience as TA/RA there.)

munnakha05

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
fan225offline said:

(I filled out my EE profile, it says Im eligible for FSW. But I'm afraid I may put incorrect information about work experience as TA/RA there.)
yes you are eligible. TA/RA has no impact on score but NOC code of Ta-Ra is crucial for selected under fsw category.

samanr

Mar 11, 2015
I have a question. regarding the work history (TA and RA in Canada), the system asked Which of these categories does -------'s job fall under?
What is the answer?
'No work permit required' or 'work permit required but not LMIA'?

Thank you for your help

Saman

lewistiago

Mar 21, 2015
Anyone has an update on that? aka. using TA/RA only + still in phd.

CIC website says TA/RA experience is only useful under FSW even in the days of Express Entry.

dawangyu

Mar 21, 2015
fan225offline said:

I just filled out my profile twice and both said ineligible. Can I have your email so that i can ask some details. Maybe some parts are tricky.

dawangyu

Mar 21, 2015
morena34 said:
Ok guys, so I created another profile. Everything was the same as before until Work Experience section. I realized this time steps were a bit different, and obviously I only included my RA/TA experience. This time the question about work permit things showed up. At the end I submitted it and everything were transmitted. Eventually I ended up meeting FSW criteria. I'm guessing I might have entered something wrong in my previous profile. At the same time the lawyer in our university was saying that relying only on RA/TA would be still tricky.

I just filled out my profile twice and both said ineligible. can i have your email so that I can ask some filling details. I think maybe some parts are tricky.

dawangyu

Mar 21, 2015
samanr said:
I have a question. regarding the work history (TA and RA in Canada), the system asked Which of these categories does -------'s job fall under?
What is the answer?
'No work permit required' or 'work permit required but not LMIA'?

Thank you for your help

Saman
I have the same question. waiting for somebady's answer.