+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

phd stream under express entry

berniechin

Dec 13, 2014
anyone knows if there is still phd stream under FSW category of express entry? cannot find any info on the CIC website. Thank you!

ZiadPal

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
Hi,
Actually I have the same question. I was searching the CIC webstite but nothing. Hope to get answer if somebody knows.

berniechin

Dec 13, 2014
ZiadPal said:
Hi,
Actually I have the same question. I was searching the CIC webstite but nothing. Hope to get answer if somebody knows.
ya..and the ranking on the website is still 67/100...so weird...

ZiadPal

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
I have read on the CIC abount 2 months ago that PHD will be oved under express entery. What I have noticed that there is no even one single note about PhD in the express program.

ZiadPal

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
lcck07 said:
For Phd students, we don't have any opportunities to apply under the EE before graduation!!! really unfair!!!
Are you sure? Where did you get the information from? I read during December on CIC website that PhD will be moved under express entry. There is nothing on there website yet, but this what I have read in December.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
ZiadPal said:
Are you sure? Where did you get the information from? I read during December on CIC website that PhD will be moved under express entry. There is nothing on there website yet, but this what I have read in December.
CEC, FSTP and FSWP all went under EE.

How do your points comme up under EE?

ZiadPal

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
idefix said:
CEC, FSTP and FSWP all went under EE.

How do your points comme up under EE?
points are for age, education ... etc and the most important is the job offer which weight 600 points. This means PhD students have no hope to apply under EE, unless there is special cap for them.

ZiadPal

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
ZiadPal said:
points are for age, education ... etc and the most important is the job offer which weight 600 points. This means PhD students have no hope to apply under EE, unless there is special cap for them.
under EE the total points 1200. as PHD students have no job offer you cut 600 points, you ended up with 600 if you get full points in all other categories. Most PhD student willl get 500, thats mean there is no hop for Phd unless there is a special treatment for them

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
ZiadPal said:
under EE the total points 1200. as PHD students have no job offer you cut 600 points, you ended up with 600 if you get full points in all other categories. Most PhD student willl get 500, thats mean there is no hop for Phd unless there is a special treatment for them
I would have to say that if you get 500 on CRS, you have a very bright chance of getting invited to apply. Keep in mind that CIC will, on the top of those with PNP and LMIA, also invite a lot of people WITHOUT LMIA or PNP. Those with above 600 points will for sure be invited (the job offers and PNP pool). In addition to that, they will invite top performers from those with fewer than 600 points. We will see I guess, to see how many of those with fewer than 600 points will be invited by CIC every month.

If you get an Invitation to Apply, you can apply for permanent residence. You will be invited only if you:

have a valid job offer,
have been nominated by a province or territory, or
are among the top ranked in the pool based on your skills and experience.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp

ZiadPal

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
meyakanor said:
I would have to say that if you get 500 on CRS, you have a very bright chance of getting invited to apply. Keep in mind that CIC will, on the top of those with PNP and LMIA, also invite a lot of people WITHOUT LMIA or PNP. Those with above 600 points will for sure be invited (the job offers and PNP pool). In addition to that, they will invite top performers from those with fewer than 600 points. We will see I guess, to see how many of those with fewer than 600 points will be invited by CIC every month.
The thing I can not understand, whether there are is special cap for PhD or not.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ZiadPal said:
The thing I can not understand, whether there are is special cap for PhD or not.
It doesn't look like it, I have searched the site with PHD + Immigration, and no results.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
ZiadPal said:
So far, CIC has not announced cap for any program under the express entry. But, that shouldn't be of concern to people under Phd category or anyone else for that matter since invitations are based on how one scores in every single draw.

People with Canadian education will already have more points than any other applicant without canadian education/work experience. So even if there isn't a separate quota for PhD stream, you have a very good chance of getting invitation to apply just because of the structure of the current point system.

ZiadPal

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
namaste said:
So far, CIC has not announced cap for any program under the express entry. But, that shouldn't be of concern to people under Phd category or anyone else for that matter since invitations are based on how one scores in every single draw.

People with Canadian education will already have more points than any other applicant without canadian education/work experience. So even if there isn't a separate quota for PhD stream, you have a very good chance of getting invitation to apply just because of the structure of the current point system.
Hi
Thanks for your reply it is really helpful. My question is that I am still in my PhD program, havent graduated yet. will I get any points for my three years of education toward PhD.