+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PhD stream--Provincial Nominee Program

mmvv2715

Jan 16, 2020
Hello all,

I've recently received my nomination from OINP, and preparing the documents for IRCC.
I have the following questions related to Section 8 of imm5562e (Personal history):
1) Although I am currently under study permit, have applied for work permit but have not heard from them, am working full-time in a company related to my discipline. Could you please tell me what I should write as my status? Is it study permit or implied?
2) During my PhD studies in Ontario, I have visited my family overseas several times; should I mention those travels in this section as well?
3) During my PhD studies, I worked as teaching assistant, research assistant and contract instructor; would those considered as job and have to be mentioned in this section?

Your help is really appreciated.

Moni

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Hi there!

I am in a similar situation like you. I am finishing my PhD by the end of April 2020. I want to apply for a PGWP and the Provincial Nominee at the same time. I also have a job offer, but I have heard that I should stop working immediately after I finish my studies. I do not want to stop working for not losing my job, so they recommended that I submit my PGWP right away since I can work full time by the time I am waiting for their decision.

I have a couple of questions please:
- How long did it take to get a confirmation email that you have applied for the PGWP? Because once I receive this confirmation, I can keep working.
- How long did it take to receive the Provincial Nominee in Ontario? Is there a chance that this one gets rejected?
- Can we apply for the Provincial Nominee and the PGWP at the same time?

I really appreciate if you could share your information/experience with me.

Thanks a lot

princeexpedition

Mar 1, 2017
Hi there,
I am also in the same situation. finishing PhD by June and my study permit is valid till August. Did you guys consider applying through Express Entry for PR? It takes shorter time