+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Phd in Computer Engineering from Canada

sidhu22

Dec 28, 2010
Hi all,

I want to get admission to a Phd program in Computer Engineering. My details are as follows:

IELTS 8 (L9, R8.5, W7.5, S7)
Working as Software Engineer (2008-Till Date)
Worked as Lecturer (2006-07)
M.Tech (Computer Engineering) 2006
B.Tech (Electronics) 2004
Age 27

Somebody suggested me to go for SPP program. However, others say i am overqualified and may not get a visa for that reason. Please suggest.
Also, please help me if you know how to get admission in a Canadian University Phd program. any good university in an area where chances of job are bright.

My basic aim is to get Canadian PR and i am open to any other option as well.. I am trying student visa as no other option (e.g. fast track immigration) is available for a software engineer. please suggest if u know any better option. that will be much appreciated as well.

Thanks a lot for reading this patiently and sharing ur knowledge..

have a good day

acemsyed

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
2112 / 1236
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Sidhu,

I dont know if there are any other routes available to you for immigration but since you have such excellent academic record I suggest your to try taking french classes and apply under Quebec Skilled Worker Category. There's a good chance you will get your PR under QSW if you manage to get to french DELF leve B2. Google QSW and you will have all the info. As for student visa for PhD program, 1- choose a university, 2- contact its faculty of computer sciences, 3- get the contact info of the personal supervisor of your area of interest/studies. 4- write a statement about yourself mentioning your academic background and history of achievements, what you're doing right now and what you want to do after you're done with PhD and submit a research plan with it. 5- If your couse supervisor approves your request you will have to then submit a formal admission application, get letter of acceptance from the university and apply for study visa.

Hope this helps.

Cheers ;-)

yyzlax

Jan 9, 2011
Hi:

I doing master in electrical and computer engineering at concordia university. I thing if you need admission in PHd you should contact adnan bahi who deal all master and phd level student.

He send me and my friend for PHD but don't if he have space for you, contact him his email is almascs@gmail.com I don' have his phone number.

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
apply to good universities in Canada like university of Alberta , memorial university of Newfoundland,york university,University of british columbia. As far as course Phd is concerned you will have no problems whatsoever in getting a visa because it's a definite progress to your career.If you are married or have property in your name then you will also have strong ties to India which would satisfy the VO that you would return back after completion of studies as that is one of the requirements for obtaining a study visa.

peace