+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PhD Funding pacage to demostrate financial capacity in study permit application

jcjc56

Feb 21, 2022
Hi everyone. I have been admitted to the PhD in neuroscience program in Western University. I have already sent all the documents for the study permuta but I have a doubt and I would like to know if you could help me. As proof of financial resources I sent my bank statement with approx 5000 CAD and the offer of admission signed by my potential supervisor. In this letter he specifies that I Will receive a funding package of minimum 27000 CAD. Do you think these documents are enough to prove the financial aspect of the study permit applicattion? Thanks

Reactions: ssup2406

Ali.F

Aug 28, 2020
They're enough as proof. I submitted similar amount, still processing. Do you also pay tuition with that stipend? if so, how much?

jcjc56

Feb 21, 2022
They're enough as proof. I submitted similar amount, still processing. Do you also pay tuition with that stipend? if so, how much?
Thanks for your answer Ali. Yes, I do, I pay approximately 9.000 CAD per year.

Newgirllabel

Jun 19, 2021
Hi everyone. I have been admitted to the PhD in neuroscience program in Western University. I have already sent all the documents for the study permuta but I have a doubt and I would like to know if you could help me. As proof of financial resources I sent my bank statement with approx 5000 CAD and the offer of admission signed by my potential supervisor. In this letter he specifies that I Will receive a funding package of minimum 27000 CAD. Do you think these documents are enough to prove the financial aspect of the study permit applicattion? Thanks
Hi jc,
Did you receive your visa?

Reactions: ssup2406

ssup2406

Star Member
Jul 7, 2022
Came across your post now, good luck with your research, cool area, neuroscience!
I am in a similar situation, and have a few questions about the letter of explanation/sop could you please mention how you broached your research topic, specifically the comparison with programs back in your home country aspect. I have done research on options here and why I didn't choose them, but presenting this information with context and sources takes up like one page. Folks here say that the letter of explanation shouldn't be too long, how long was your loe/sop?
How did you portray the financial aspect in the letter?

Hi jc,
Did you receive your visa?
Yes this will be amazing to know as well