+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PhD Dropout Finding Job in Canada

Kaputthfx

May 26, 2014
Dear all,

Could you hear me about my situation and kindly give me any advice?

I'm an international student who got my master's degree last year here in Canada. I was successful in academia and decided to continue as a PhD student at another more prestigious school. However, it turn out that this life makes me really suffer. I lost my passion bit by bit under this stressful environment, while I'm not compatible with my supervisor's working style. What's more, there are some family and financial issues that put more weight to this hardship. Now I trust my gut that I don't want to do a PhD - have decided to quit this program.

Nevertheless, despite this bad experience, I've been here a few years and I would honestly say I like Canada in many ways. I'm now thinking of finding a job here (which I should've done after my master's). The problem here is that I didn't apply for the post-graduate work permit. So how do you view the possibility that the employer is willing to go through Temporary Foreign Worker Program for me? (PS: I major in Electrical Engineering)

At last, due to the new changes in study permit policies, do I have to leave Canada very SOON after I quit (not full-time registered)?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010