+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pharmacist career

Zeba Ashfaq

Nov 5, 2022
Hi,

I have done Doctor of Pharmacy and worked both as a clinical pharmacist and in the multinational pharmaceutical company. I wanted to inquire which has a better future here in Canada?

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I have done Doctor of Pharmacy and worked both as a clinical pharmacist and in the multinational pharmaceutical company. I wanted to inquire which has a better future here in Canada?

Thanks
The pharma industry in Canada is relatively small. Could you get a transfer from your employer if they have offices in Canada? There is also a surplus of pharmacists in Canada. If you have a good career in India I would really research whether it makes sense to move. Are you willing to work in smaller communities? in community pharmacy? Lots of competition in big cities especially around the GTA. Have you looked to see if you qualify for immigration? How old are you? There is also about to be updates to the immigration system to try and target skills in demand at the federal level and try to get immigrants to settle outside Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal and Calgary.