Publications
Application Forms and Guides
Audits and Evaluations
Research and Statistics
E-newsletter
Proactive Disclosure
News Release

Minister Kenney launches national consultations on immigration levels and mix

Calgary, July 12, 2011 — Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney has launched a series of cross-country consultations on immigration issues, beginning today in Calgary.

The Minister is meeting with stakeholders and the public to discuss the important issue of immigration levels and mix. Following the Calgary session today, the Minister will meet with stakeholders in Vancouver on July 18, Toronto on July 20 and Montreal on July 22. Online consultations will take place later this summer and will be open to the public.

The purpose of the consultations is to seek feedback on immigration levels, including the appropriate level of immigration for Canada, and the most suitable mix between economic, family class and protected persons. Discussions on system management to provide improved services, such as reasonable processing times, and addressing issues such as fraud, will also be included.

In planning for the total number of people to admit as permanent residents, CIC not only balances immigration objectives but also considers several other factors, including broader government commitments, input from provinces and territories, and current and future economic conditions. The Department must also consider its operational ability to process applications in a timely manner, as well as the capacity of communities to welcome newcomers.

In addition to presenting an opportunity to gather input from stakeholders and the public on key questions facing CIC, the consultations also allow the Department to share with stakeholders and the public some of the considerations and difficult choices involved in managing a global immigration system.

The consultations present an important opportunity to generate greater understanding of the trade-offs involved in setting immigration levels. There are competing visions and diverging goals for the future of the immigration program, and there is no single right answer on what the focus should be. Engaging stakeholders and the broader public in that conversation is a key part of developing a plan that will work for Canada going forward.

Invited stakeholders represent a variety of perspectives, including those of employers, labour, academia, learning institutions, professional organizations, business organizations, regulatory bodies, municipalities, settlement provider organizations and ethnocultural organizations.

A report on the consultations will be available on the CIC website once stakeholder and public consultations have been completed.

More information about the online consultations will be available on the CIC website in the coming weeks. Interested participants may sign up online at www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/consultations/index.asp.

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CitImmCanada.

For further information (media only), please contact:

Candice Malcolm
Minister’s Office
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Media Relations
Communications Branch
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
613-952-1650
CIC-Media-Relations@cic.gc.ca

Backgrounder

Stakeholder Consultations on Immigration Levels and Mix

skumars

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 Feb 2011
AOR Received.
23 Mar 2011
Med's Request
24 Sep 2011
Med's Done....
01 Oct 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 Sep 2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2011
Mayank,

thanks so much for the info. Is there any any physically challenged person applied for PR in the thread. I am a physically challenged person, using prothesis for walking. Just wanted to know will this affect my medicals. Pls share..

regards
Skumars

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Dear Skumar,

Well i am not aware of it. But i do not think that physically challenged person is not welcome by CA.

What they want is talented peoples . So i think yes they will welcome.

Regards
Mayank

skumars said:
Mayank,

thanks so much for the info. Is there any any physically challenged person applied for PR in the thread. I am a physically challenged person, using prothesis for walking. Just wanted to know will this affect my medicals. Pls share..

regards
Skumars

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
mayankpandya said:
Update on CIC Online service.

Online services
NOTE: Due to regular maintenance, CIC online services will not be available Saturday, July 16, 2011, from 8:00 a.m. EST to 12:00 p.m. EST.

Regards
Mayank
good one!! +1

pinay pharma

Jul 13, 2011
need your help please!!
i submitted my application last february,..unfortunately,fsw-cic, visa officer, emailed me that my application was refused due to insufficient documents that i submitted for my relative in canada, no points were granted for my adaptability...i only got 66....;-(...so, i need to submit again another application,,,
just wnt to ask is the bankdraft i submitted along with my application, refundable??....

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Hi Pinay,

Yes, Its refundable if your application got rejected at CIO . But if your file got rejected after getting 2nd AOR at VO level then its not refundable .

If your file got rejected at CIO in first phase then i am sure it was not encashed by CIO.

Regards
Mayank

pinay pharma said:
need your help please!!
i submitted my application last february,..unfortunately,fsw-cic, visa officer, emailed me that my application was refused due to insufficient documents that i submitted for my relative in canada, no points were granted for my adaptability...i only got 66....;-(...so, i need to submit again another application,,,
just wnt to ask is the bankdraft i submitted along with my application, refundable??....

renjith

Jul 12, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2012
IELTS Request
sent with applicaton
Med's Request
03/02/2012
Med's Done....
09/03/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
06/06/2012
LANDED..........
Landed
hello,

i sent my documents for pharmacist on 2nd july 2011 and it reached there on 7th july 2011 but there is no update available upto now please advise

renjith

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
Dear renjith,

who received for CIO?

give them some time to check your application!! 8)

will be getting news within 3 months, maximum!! :p

renjith

Jul 12, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2012
IELTS Request
sent with applicaton
Med's Request
03/02/2012
Med's Done....
09/03/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
06/06/2012
LANDED..........
Landed
ok i send it through a consultant i contacted their office told no updates received

ambersabarabia

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
mayankpandya said:
Hi Pinay,

Yes, Its refundable if your application got rejected at CIO . But if your file got rejected after getting 2nd AOR at VO level then its not refundable .

If your file got rejected at CIO in first phase then i am sure it was not encashed by CIO.

Regards
Mayank
hi, please can you guide me how the fee could be refunded what is the proceedure of refund since my bhabhi's application also got rejected on 29 march but we have not got any draft back how can we request to send it back soon so that wshe can re apply
thanks
regards

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
ambersabarabia said:
hi, please can you guide me how the fee could be refunded what is the proceedure of refund since my bhabhi's application also got rejected on 29 march but we have not got any draft back how can we request to send it back soon so that wshe can re apply
thanks
regards
the draft will be sent through mail at your mailing address provided by u in the application.
to en-cash it, u have to give it to your bank with a/c no. and name. (the name of the a/c. and draft has to be same).

it will take maximum 21 working days. if it's SCB, then it will take about 10 days!! [my experience]

hope it helps.

ambersabarabia

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
mute_man said:
the draft will be sent through mail at your mailing address provided by u in the application.
to en-cash it, u have to give it to your bank with a/c no. and name. (the name of the a/c. and draft has to be same).

it will take maximum 21 working days. if it's SCB, then it will take about 10 days!! [my experience]

hope it helps.
thanks for response,can you also tell me in how many days you got your draft back, since its quite long time that has been elapsed since my my bhabhi's application's rejction. we are afraid may be the postal service might have caused some kind of problem.as Pakistani postal service is very poor.
regards

monice

Jul 13, 2011
good day mayank, i am very much happy to found this forum which is very helpful especially to those who don't have nothing to turn to.

can you give me some advice regarding my application? my application was sent by my agency last 03-19-2011 and the mode of payment was credit card and the card we use is the credit card of the agency. but until this time i did not received any reply about my application and i don't know how to make follow up on it. i called my agency and they said that we just have to wait for the reply and i ask them if the payment is credited already. and they said that it was not yet credited. they just give me the copy on the tracking number of the fedex and the payment form copy.

please do give me some advice regarding my application because the immigration already open the pharmacist but until 500 applicants only. i was hoping that i was included in the 2010 quota but if i was not i wanted to be included this 2011. thank you and hoping for your advice..

monice

Jul 13, 2011
mayank, thank you so much for the immediate responce.. yes it was unfair to my part because they didn't inform me about the mode of payment.. but i would like to ask if i was able to get in cap last march 2011.. im just new to this thread and please do help me.. i am going to call my agency tomorrow about when will my application reach cio after sending it by fedex..

Godbless you and more power to this forum