+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ph.D Research Assistant as NOC 2121 or NOC 4012

ruhin

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
SawBear said:
Me neither. but might worth giving a shot.
Best of luck for ya'll
As long as we're not misrepresenting/lying about anything, the application should be OK. We should do some more research before submitting final application after ITA.

ruhin

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
Alii2017 said:
No, I'm pretty new, I don't know anybody who got PR through express entry, but should not be a problem.
I got ITA in the last draw. I'll be submitting the application. But really scared if they'll consider RA experience. However, there is no wrong info. It's their system making me eligible for FSW.

SawBear

Dec 10, 2015
ruhin said:
I got ITA in the last draw. I'll be submitting the application. But really scared if they'll consider RA experience. However, there is no wrong info. It's their system making me eligible for FSW.
I will be honest with ya, I did lots of research about getting PR with CANADIAN RA/TA, never seen/heard of even a single successful case. This is just to give u a heads-up to be realistic about it. keep other options on the table, work in parallel.

ruhin

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
SawBear said:
I will be honest with ya, I did lots of research about getting PR with CANADIAN RA/TA, never seen/heard of even a single successful case. This is just to give u a heads-up to be realistic about it. keep other options on the table, work in parallel.
I have also never seen anyone getting PR with Canadian RA. My logic behind proceeding with application are:

1. Last year when CRS point requirement was high (>450) nobody with just RA experience nobody would get ITA, even if they qualify for FSW. RA experience just makes you eligible for FSW. It does not give you any point. Without work experience point it was not possible to get ITA before. Now, with points dropping we should see more and more people applying using RA experience.
2. In my work experience, I just put RA experience. I put my other 'less than one year' experience in personal details form. So, I am not misrepresenting anything. There system allowed me to be eligible.
3. I currently have NOC A category job. I am working there for 3 months now. Even if this does not fall through, I can apply again using CEC stream after one year experience. I am taking this risk to bring my spouse earlier in Canada. I have tried TRV for her before which they rejected. Now, I have two option, PR or SOWP. PR is safer option than SOWP.

ezio

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
ruhin said:
I have also never seen anyone getting PR with Canadian RA. My logic behind proceeding with application are:

1. Last year when CRS point requirement was high (>450) nobody with just RA experience nobody would get ITA, even if they qualify for FSW. RA experience just makes you eligible for FSW. It does not give you any point. Without work experience point it was not possible to get ITA before. Now, with points dropping we should see more and more people applying using RA experience.
2. In my work experience, I just put RA experience. I put my other 'less than one year' experience in personal details form. So, I am not misrepresenting anything. There system allowed me to be eligible.
3. I currently have NOC A category job. I am working there for 3 months now. Even if this does not fall through, I can apply again using CEC stream after one year experience. I am taking this risk to bring my spouse earlier in Canada. I have tried TRV for her before which they rejected. Now, I have two option, PR or SOWP. PR is safer option than SOWP.
I agree with your logic. However I have couple of questions for you. What was your answers in the work history section for this part:

Do any of the following conditions apply:

Working legally in Canada during this time?
A person must have:
been working on a valid work permit or exempt from needing one,
had legal status the whole time they were in Canada, and
not stayed longer than the approved time period.

Studying full-time while doing this job?

Which of these categories does --'s job fall under?

Also, what do u mean by (I put my other 'less than one year' experience in personal details form) there is no work section in personal details form.
Thank you and I hope you can guide me with these issues.

ruhin

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
ezio said:
I agree with your logic. However I have couple of questions for you. What was your answers in the work history section for this part:

Do any of the following conditions apply:

Working legally in Canada during this time?
A person must have:
been working on a valid work permit or exempt from needing one,
had legal status the whole time they were in Canada, and
not stayed longer than the approved time period.

Studying full-time while doing this job?

Which of these categories does --'s job fall under?

Also, what do u mean by (I put my other 'less than one year' experience in personal details form) there is no work section in personal details form.
Thank you and I hope you can guide me with these issues.
1. Yes. Working legally. As your study permit lets you do research work. Research work does not need any work permit.
2. Studying full-time.
3. NOC 4012.
4. Any other work experience you can show under your personal details section. They ask you to give previous 10 years personal details after you get ITA.

ezio

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Thank you ruhin for you reply it is really helpful.
I guess your answer for question 3 (Which of these categories does --'s job fall under?) is (No work permit required) from the drop down list not (NOC 4012).
Aha got it. But I don't have to show any other work experience which was less than one year and different NOC than the primary one (NOC 4012) in this work history section before submitting the EE profile?

ruhin

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
ezio said:
Thank you ruhin for you reply it is really helpful.
I guess your answer for question 3 (Which of these categories does --'s job fall under?) is (No work permit required) from the drop down list not (NOC 4012).
Aha got it. But I don't have to show any other work experience which was less than one year and different NOC than the primary one (NOC 4012) in this work history section before submitting the EE profile?
If you put all the work experience you have, they may ask for employment verification for all of them. That's why I did not put any of them there.

maver

Apr 27, 2017
My question is a little bit different. My wife worked as a teaching assistant between 2007 and 2009. Are paychecks enough to prove her employment in work history? - She is dependent - I am the primary applicant. Do we get points for it? If we don't, can we move it to personal history?

Thank you

ruhin

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
maver said:
My question is a little bit different. My wife worked as a teaching assistant between 2007 and 2009. Are paychecks enough to prove her employment in work history? - She is dependent - I am the primary applicant. Do we get points for it? If we don't, can we move it to personal history?

Thank you
I think you need a letter stating job responsibilities

ezio

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
ruhin said:
If you put all the work experience you have, they may ask for employment verification for all of them. That's why I did not put any of them there.
Thank you for the info. I wish you all the best with your application and that they consider your RA experience with no issues :). I would appreciate it if you shared with us any future updates regarding this issue.

ruhin

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
ezio said:
Thank you for the info. I wish you all the best with your application and that they consider your RA experience with no issues :). I would appreciate it if you shared with us any future updates regarding this issue.
You are welcome. I am hoping to submit by application by the end of this month. Wish me luck. :)