+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP

Kumarratika

Jan 25, 2022
My study permit got expired in November 2021, but my studies got completed on December 17, 2021. In order to apply for study permit extension, I was required enrollment letter, but college was unable to provide me with that because college was issuing Graduation letters & I was about to graduate.
I received my credentials from college yesterday , and Today while applying for PGWP, there’s a column 7 which states Current Country or Territory of residence & status in Canada,
While I’m putting Student as my status & validity from August 2019 to November 2021, it says that it’s already expired and my form is not getting validated.
Can anybody please suggest me which status should I put over there? Should I apply for visitor visa first ? Or If I apply for visitor visa, which validity date and status should I mention while applying for PGWP.
Please & thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My study permit got expired in November 2021, but my studies got completed on December 17, 2021. In order to apply for study permit extension, I was required enrollment letter, but college was unable to provide me with that because college was issuing Graduation letters & I was about to graduate.
I received my credentials from college yesterday , and Today while applying for PGWP, there’s a column 7 which states Current Country or Territory of residence & status in Canada,
While I’m putting Student as my status & validity from August 2019 to November 2021, it says that it’s already expired and my form is not getting validated.
Can anybody please suggest me which status should I put over there? Should I apply for visitor visa first ? Or If I apply for visitor visa, which validity date and status should I mention while applying for PGWP.
Please & thanks
You really needed to apply for the extension multiple months ago. You need to resolve your study permit issue because you can’t get approved for the PGWP without being on a valid study permit throughput the end of your studies. You are currently in Canada without status.