+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP

airforce1907

Dec 23, 2018
Hi, I had a question about PGWP. While I was on a Coop term, I was also working part time. However, I didn't know that even during Coop term we have to stick to 20 hours per week rule for part time job. So I worked for two months more than 22~25 hours per week. But after that I realized and stopped working more than 20 hours. It's going to be 2 years since that and I'm scared my PGWP will be refused when I apply now for this mistake, is there any hope or way for this? I know people submit a LOE for this case with their application but does the IRCC officer overlook these scenarios?
no

danybc2001

Jun 28, 2022
omg :( so what are my options then

From the guide(Details of intended work…), if you’re applying for a PGWP, you don’t need to provide any details of your employer. You can just write the name of your educational institution in that question if the online form doesn’t allow you to leave it blank.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5580-applying-work-permit-student-guide.html#complete

DB2101

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-5-2016
Med's Done....
24-03-2016 Upfront
so applying to EE gives them permit to stay in Canada or CEC happens frequently and they get through via that?
If you've made the correct choices in program and work experience, etc, you can be eligible for CEC through your PGWP experience.

Huz96

Jun 14, 2022
People who have applied for visitor visa on paper after getting PGWP.
did you submit your passport at the time of sending the documents? Or are you going to submit later when they ask for it?
The checklist says you dont need to send the passport now. But i think we have to. Please help

halcurrent

Mar 18, 2019
Hi, I had a question about PGWP. While I was on a Coop term, I was also working part time. However, I didn't know that even during Coop term we have to stick to 20 hours per week rule for part time job. So I worked for two months more than 22~25 hours per week. But after that I realized and stopped working more than 20 hours. It's going to be 2 years since that and I'm scared my PGWP will be refused when I apply now for this mistake, is there any hope or way for this? I know people submit a LOE for this case with their application but does the IRCC officer overlook these scenarios?

Is there any record showing that you worked for more than 20hrs per week?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
People who have applied for visitor visa on paper after getting PGWP.
did you submit your passport at the time of sending the documents? Or are you going to submit later when they ask for it?
The checklist says you dont need to send the passport now. But i think we have to. Please help
Do not send your passport. Wait for PPR on your application. Then send