+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
so applying to EE gives them permit to stay in Canada or CEC happens frequently and they get through via that?
Most will receive their CoPR (either through CEC or PNP) before their PGWP will expire, which is why it's recommended to take at least a 2 years program to get 3 years of PGWP. If PGWP will expire before CoPR, you can apply for a BOWP if you have applied for PR.

Reactions: Yodm

aiiida

Apr 27, 2022
Hello, I am graduating in a graduate 2 year program soon, when I started my studies (December 2020) my approval was issued so late that when I enrolled I went 2units short and I was enrolled part-time for my first semester. I remained full-time for the rest of my studies. Now that I'm going to apply for pgwp, my advisor says I should completely stop working until decision is made and I can't work full-time while waiting for pgwp. Anyone has any idea if that's right?
He also said he wouldn't recommend going to the border because they might reject my pgwp application.

Another question is: is there any other way to remain in canada if my pgwp is rejected?

kiqr

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Hello, I am graduating in a graduate 2 year program soon, when I started my studies (December 2020) my approval was issued so late that when I enrolled I went 2units short and I was enrolled part-time for my first semester. I remained full-time for the rest of my studies. Now that I'm going to apply for pgwp, my advisor says I should completely stop working until decision is made and I can't work full-time while waiting for pgwp. Anyone has any idea if that's right?
He also said he wouldn't recommend going to the border because they might reject my pgwp application.

Another question is: is there any other way to remain in canada if my pgwp is rejected?
I would recommend putting a letter of explanation and explaining why you were part time. I would not listen to your advisor regarding working full time. Once you apply work permit, you can work full time. Just be honest in your letter, hopefully you will be fine.

dnkalll

Jun 12, 2022
Hi, I had a question about PGWP. While I was on a Coop term, I was also working part time. However, I didn't know that even during Coop term we have to stick to 20 hours per week rule for part time job. So I worked for two months more than 22~25 hours per week. But after that I realized and stopped working more than 20 hours. It's going to be 2 years since that and I'm scared my PGWP will be refused when I apply now for this mistake, is there any hope or way for this? I know people submit a LOE for this case with their application but does the IRCC officer overlook these scenarios?