+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP

annaturner

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Can I travel back to Canada with an approved PGWP letter but without a job offer?

I have been living in Canada since 2015 but just went home during these crazy times.

I have an ongoing lease and bills for taxes/utilities and other proofs of my ties in Canada.

It would be my first time getting PGWP.

I found different information. Some says yes I can travel on PGWP without a job offer, but some say I can’t.
I just have to be back because I am paying $1023 for my apartment monthly, and minimum wage in my home country is $106 MONTHLY. I literally cannot keep doing that and I have all my clothes back there, and my furniture...

Smys

Jan 26, 2021
I have the same question. Planning to go back my home country for awhile and my PGWP would have 1 more year before expiring when I come back to Canada

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can I travel back to Canada with an approved PGWP letter but without a job offer?

I have been living in Canada since 2015 but just went home during these crazy times.

I have an ongoing lease and bills for taxes/utilities and other proofs of my ties in Canada.

I found different information. Some says yes I can travel on PGWP without a job offer, but some say I can’t.
I just have to be back because I am paying $1023 for my apartment monthly, and minimum wage in my home country is $106 MONTHLY. I literally cannot keep doing that and I have all my clothes back there, and my furniture...
Do you have a TRV?

annaturner

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Do you have a TRV?
I have valid TRV and study permit but the thing is I will be graduated at the time, so not sure what to do. Also found bunch of info saying if it’s your first time getting pgwp you can’t travel without a job offer

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have valid TRV and study permit but the thing is I will be graduated at the time, so not sure what to do. Also found bunch of info saying if it’s your first time getting pgwp you can’t travel without a job offer
When do you graduate because your TRV and study permit expire 90 after graduation? If you can show that you live in Canada then you may get in. No one here can say that you will be able to enter as that it is at the discretion of CBSA and Immigration. All you can do is try.

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019

Well, with the new regulations, you will end up paying more especially with the mandatory 3 days quarantine plus maybe extra 14 days depending on the province. That's and extra cost. Give it a try.

Mansh01

Feb 17, 2021
Hello guys!

I am in a similar situation. I have been living in Canada since 2019, I have a PGWP and corresponding visa but no job in Canada. Can I travel without a job/ job offer letter ?

Any kind of help is appreciated.

Thankyou

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello guys!

I am in a similar situation. I have been living in Canada since 2019, I have a PGWP and corresponding visa but no job in Canada. Can I travel without a job/ job offer letter ?

Any kind of help is appreciated.

Thankyou
If you can show you normally live in Canada, then you may be allowed in without a job offer. You need to show that you have been paying rent and utilities while outside Canada. However this may not work. Someone on a PGWP on the forum owns a home but didn’t have a job, and was not allowed entry. You can try.