+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP

Jan 9, 2021
Hi i got pgwp refusal because of completing only 1 course in a semester but i have a valid explanation and proof of what happened.. what are the chances of getting 3 yr PGWP after reapplying with explanation?
I am out of status too i need to apply for restoration status also☹
Do any one faced or having similar situation?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you are working, you must stop. You can’t work at all and must restore your status to student. As for reconsideration you were rightly refused since the requirements state full time studies unless the last semester. You can try and submit with your explanation. If the school can back up your explanation even better.

co2020

May 31, 2020
Hi i got pgwp refusal because of completing only 1 course in a semester but i have a valid explanation and proof of what happened.. what are the chances of getting 3 yr PGWP after reapplying with explanation?
Since you have a valid explanation and proof of what happened your chances are good. Did you include a letter of explanation the first time?
Meanwhile check out this link. You should join the chat.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/processing-time-for-restoration-of-status-work-permit.129918/page-55

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
As people mentioned, restore+apply for new PGWP.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You were correctly refused according to the rules, it is up to the officer to decide if an explanation is sufficient to give you an exemption.
You should try requesting a reconsideration first, send webform as well as call IRCC.

Jan 9, 2021
Since you have a valid explanation and proof of what happened your chances are good. Did you include a letter of explanation the first time?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/processing-time-for-restoration-of-status-work-permit.129918/page-55
. No 1st time i didnt write the explanation letter as im not aware that my doing 1 course in semester make me a part time student

Jan 9, 2021
If you are working, you must stop. You can’t work at all and must restore your status to student. As for reconsideration you were rightly refused since the requirements state full time studies unless the last semester. You can try and submit with your explanation. If the school can back up your explanation even better.
In 3rd semester i have 4 subjects i passed in 1 subject and while doing other 2 subjects my CAQ got expired so college removed me from doing that courses because of not having valid CAQ even though i applied before expiry
And after getting my CAQ i did my courses according to schedule given by management

Jan 9, 2021
In 3rd semester i have 4 subjects i passed in 1 subject and while doing other 2 subjects my CAQ got expired so college removed me from doing that courses because of not having valid CAQ even though i applied before expiry
And after getting my CAQ i did my courses according to schedule given by management

Jan 9, 2021
You were correctly refused according to the rules, it is up to the officer to decide if an explanation is sufficient to give you an exemption.
You should try requesting a reconsideration first, send webform as well as call IRCC.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
IRCC considers it your responsibility to be full time except in last semester so its still correct refusal, however you should have explained it in your application without an explanation the officer doesn't really have anything to work with to make an exception, a lot of people have been getting PGWP even with part time, I think IRCC is really taking it easy on the rules lately.
So try requesting reconsideration with a clear explanation if that doesn't work try restoration/applying again.

Jan 9, 2021
IRCC considers it your responsibility to be full time except in last semester so its still correct refusal, however you should have explained it in your application without an explanation the officer doesn't really have anything to work with to make an exception, a lot of people have been getting PGWP even with part time, I think IRCC is really taking it easy on the rules lately.
So try requesting reconsideration with a clear explanation if that doesn't work try restoration/applying again.
What are the chances for approval?