+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP

Jan 10, 2020
I had to leave Canada for family emergencies after my 3yrs PGWP was issued and it expired while I was at my home country. (I never got to utilize the work permit)

Can I reapply for my PGWP?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I had to leave Canada for family emergencies after my 3yrs PGWP was issued and it expired while I was at my home country. (I never got to utilize the work permit)

No - unfortunately you can't.

zahra110

Dec 9, 2017

Hi Ahmed,

i am in a similar situation right now. Can you please tell me what did you do after?

zahra110

Dec 9, 2017
Person posted two years ago and only once. What is your situation as a PGWP is only issued once.
my pgwp expired last month while I was outside Canada. I have an express entry profile but no response on it yet. Wondering what are my options for employment in Canada since most companies i have talked to require an active work status.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
my pgwp expired last month while I was outside Canada. I have an express entry profile but no response on it yet. Wondering what are my options for employment in Canada since most companies i have talked to require an active work status.
You would need to secure a job offer from an employer in Canada and that employer would need to obtain an approved LMIA so that you can apply for a closed work permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You need to find an employer willing to go through the LMIA process and show that no Canadian or PR could be hired. It takes months. Then once the employer has a LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit. Given the fact that there is discussion that there may be no or few CEC or FSWs you may want to look at PNP programs. Are you eligible for CEC draws with at least one year of skilled Canadian work experience ?

pkjoshi

Star Member
Feb 26, 2012
Dear Members,
I travelled to India after my Post Grad work permit approval. Can I travel back to Canada with a multiple entry Visitor visa? or Do I need to apply for separate TRV for work purpose?
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear Members,
I travelled to India after my Post Grad work permit approval. Can I travel back to Canada with a multiple entry Visitor visa? or Do I need to apply for separate TRV for work purpose?
Thanks
If you have a TRV then you don't need another one.

Flyfa

Star Member
Sep 27, 2021
Hello guys I need some advice or suggestion. I have applied for My pgwp last year may and got rejected on March 6, I applied for reconsideration through representative on 17th March and representative got response on April 23 that he did not filled the rep form correctly, so they did not accept his request. So I had to apply myself and representative send one more webform on 26th April. But when I was talking yo agent on call, he put reconsideration note on my file and my file was open by edemnton ircc, but they did not recieve my additional document which I send on my webform on 25th April. The officer decided to stay for his original drcission. And my representative was saying , if officer decide to stay with his original decission , then my webform which has all my document , will also be rejected which I send on 26th April. And I have been out on 6 month applying time line bcoz I got my response after 11 months wait time .. can you'll suggest me some input? What to do? Judicial review is option, or reply bcoz I am still in 90 days period time. And my webform is suppose to reach to them soon if it's not decline , officer just wants to see my commercial pilot lisence, do they reconsider second time? I got letter from them information letter. What do u suggest?

Braykhna Khan

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Dear Members,
Thanks
When did your PGWP get approved? Also, you can travel back and forth with your PGWP visa.

pkjoshi

Star Member
Feb 26, 2012
When did your PGWP get approved? Also, you can travel back and forth with your PGWP visa.
I have an old Visitor Visa, So I did not apply for new after my PGWP approval (5 months back)l. I was just wondering if I can travel with my old Visitor Visa and Work Permit or do I need new visa where they mention Worker.