+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP without Transcript but with official letter

subakumaran

Star Member
May 15, 2013
I have completed my studies by summer 2015.
I havent paid my tuition.
Can I apply for PGWP just with a offical letter from the university stating that I have completed my program and eleigible to graduate ?
Or do I need to have transcript ?
The application says either a Transcript or Official Letter or Degree Certificate is needed.

Has anyone applied without a transcript ?

kkloveit

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
An official letter from your institute should be enough. Keep in mind however, you have 3 months from the date your official letter is dated to apply for PGWP.

Nov 7, 2015
An official letter should be adequate. However, if you're able to submit official transcripts then do so. I applied with a letter only in May and am still waiting. Take care in preparing the application and make sure it is free of errors, from what I've heard there's been a recent increase in application refusals due to minor technicalities as opposed to eligibility. In addition, have a look at processing times under the category "work permit - new employer." Wait times have been very long and if that is a concern for you it may be faster to apply via paper instead of online as those have been processing faster. Good Luck!

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

subakumaran said:
I have completed my studies by summer 2015.
I havent paid my tuition.
Can I apply for PGWP just with a offical letter from the university stating that I have completed my program and eleigible to graduate ?
Or do I need to have transcript ?
The application says either a Transcript or Official Letter or Degree Certificate is needed.

Has anyone applied without a transcript ?

And you think CIC will believe your letter without first cross-checking with your school. First pay tuition and then apply for PGWP.

Meetkotecha

Aug 25, 2016
An official letter should be adequate. However, if you're able to submit official transcripts then do so. I applied with a letter only in May and am still waiting. Take care in preparing the application and make sure it is free of errors, from what I've heard there's been a recent increase in application refusals due to minor technicalities as opposed to eligibility. In addition, have a look at processing times under the category "work permit - new employer." Wait times have been very long and if that is a concern for you it may be faster to apply via paper instead of online as those have been processing faster. Good Luck!
Hello,
I am having the same confusion. I just graduated from Centennial college with a 2 year diploma. I got my official transcript but it does not state clearly anywhere that I have graduated. Is it safe to apply my PGWP on just transcript? WHat did you do? If I apply it on just transcript, will I get 3 year work permit or is it not safe? Please help me nad reach back to me asap. Thanks

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello,
I am having the same confusion. I just graduated from Centennial college with a 2 year diploma. I got my official transcript but it does not state clearly anywhere that I have graduated. Is it safe to apply my PGWP on just transcript? WHat did you do? If I apply it on just transcript, will I get 3 year work permit or is it not safe? Please help me nad reach back to me asap. Thanks
Normally, I transcript do state whether graduated or not but it mostly do state the start date and end date of the program on it. I that isn't placed, its advisable to get a letter from your school as a supporting document

Alvesjo

May 16, 2018
I’m planning to go to the border and apply there since the process is concluded in a few minutes (Manitoba). I am planning to bring only my transcript which states: Certificate in General Studies - COMPLETED, although it won’t state the lenght of the program, just the number of semesters I have studied (4) and the courses. Do you guys think it should suffice??

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I’m planning to go to the border and apply there since the process is concluded in a few minutes (Manitoba). I am planning to bring only my transcript which states: Certificate in General Studies - COMPLETED, although it won’t state the lenght of the program, just the number of semesters I have studied (4) and the courses. Do you guys think it should suffice??
Why do this? Why not get the letter from your college that you have graduated?