+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP without job offer with SOWP extension. Help required.

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
Hi,

Please help, I applied for PGWP as soon as I completed graduation(no job yet) along with my wife's SOWP extension(working for the last 5 months). I only included her employment letter. Are the pay stubs for her mandatory?

• Received official transcript & status letter on Jan 19 2022.
  • Application date Jan 22, 2022.
  • Study permit & SOWP end date April 30, 2022.
  • I applied for PGWP without a job offer and no pay stubs.

I applied with a SOWP extension because our permits would expire in April and I am not sure when I will get the job. I have added her employment letter only missed pay stubs. Should I send it via webform? Have I made any mistake?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

Please help, I applied for PGWP as soon as I completed graduation(no job yet) along with my wife's SOWP extension(working for the last 5 months). I only included her employment letter. Are the pay stubs for her mandatory?

• Received official transcript & status letter on Jan 19 2022.
  • Application date Jan 22, 2022.
  • Study permit & SOWP end date April 30, 2022.
  • I applied for PGWP without a job offer and no pay stubs.

I applied with a SOWP extension because our permits would expire in April and I am not sure when I will get the job. I have added her employment letter only missed pay stubs. Should I send it via webform? Have I made any mistake?
Yes, you've made a mistake but not around her pay stubs.

Now that you are switching to a PGWP, you need to be working in a NOC A, B or 0 job in order for your wife to qualify for a SOWP extension. Since you don't have a job yet, the right thing to do would have been to apply for the PGWP yourself but not for your wife's SOWP extension. For the SOWP extension to be approved, you need to include evidence with the application that you are working in a NOC A, B or 0 role along with your payslips. Her pay slips are irrelevant.

So you want to find a job as soon as you can that is NOC A, B or 0. As soon as you find the job and have three pay stubs, you need to submit them along with your employment letter. If you don't find a job fast enough then the SOWP extension is going to be refused.

Reactions: Miracle2018

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
Yes, you've made a mistake but not around her pay stubs.

Now that you are switching to a PGWP, you need to be working in a NOC A, B or 0 job in order for your wife to qualify for a SOWP extension. Since you don't have a job yet, the right thing to do would have been to apply for the PGWP yourself but not for your wife's SOWP extension. For the SOWP extension to be approved, you need to include evidence with the application that you are working in a NOC A, B or 0 role along with your payslips. Her pay slips are irrelevant.

So you want to find a job as soon as you can that is NOC A, B, or 0. As soon as you find the job and have three pay stubs, you need to submit them along with your employment letter. If you don't find a job fast enough then the SOWP extension is going to be refused.
Thank you for your response. The problem is our permits are getting expired in April 2022. If I had waited until I get PGWP, My Job, and 3 pay stubs. Her current work permit would expire. How would she continue to work if I don't find a job immediately. In the worst case if I do not get a job immediately, how can she continue to work for the same employer? What would happen if her SOWP is refused? How can she continue to stay in Canada while I am searching for a job?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your response. The problem is our permits are getting expired in April 2022. If I had waited until I get PGWP, My Job, and 3 pay stubs. Her current work permit would expire. How would she continue to work if I don't find a job immediately. In the worst case if I do not get a job immediately, how can she continue to work for the same employer? What would happen if her SOWP is refused? How can she continue to stay in Canada while I am searching for a job?
If you don't find a job in time, then she would need to apply to change her status to a visitor visa in order to be able to remain in Canada. In this case she would need to stop working as soon as the SOWP expires. Once you have a job that meets the requirements, you would apply for a new SOWP for her and she would be able to start working again once the new SOWP is approved.

The alternative would be for her employer to get an approved LMIA so that she can switch to a closed work permit.

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
If you don't find a job in time, then she would need to apply to change her status to a visitor visa in order to be able to remain in Canada. In this case she would need to stop working as soon as the SOWP expires. Once you have a job that meets the requirements, you would apply for a new SOWP for her and she would be able to start working again once the new SOWP is approved.

The alternative would be for her employer to get an approved LMIA so that she can switch to a closed work permit.
Thanks again for sharing the details. If you do not mind can you please share the link from the Canada website that says my NOC 0 A or B Job and 3 payslips are required? We will try to share it with the employer to get a closed work permit.

Additionally, can we withdraw her current application and apply again in April so we get 120 days from April instead of January. Is this a wise decision?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks again for sharing the details. If you do not mind can you please share the link from the Canada website that says my NOC 0 A or B Job and 3 payslips are required? We will try to share it with the employer to get a closed work permit.

Additionally, can we withdraw her current application and apply again in April so we get 120 days from April instead of January. Is this a wise decision?
Here is the link for PGWP requirements for a SOWP.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit-result.asp?q1_options=1i&q2_options=2d

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020

Hi all,
I just received letters from IRCC for both our applications that we can continue to work until 22 May 2022 or until the decision is made. Should I withdraw her SOWP extension application? Will it have any repercussions? Making a withdrawal is better than a refusal, right?

Additionally, her employer can apply for her work permit extension. Can she have two applications at a time? Please suggest

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,
I just received letters from IRCC for both our applications that we can continue to work until 22 May 2022 or until the decision is made. Should I withdraw her SOWP extension application? Will it have any repercussions? Making a withdrawal is better than a refusal, right?

Additionally, her employer can apply for her work permit extension. Can she have two applications at a time? Please suggest
I would personally withdraw the SOWP and reapply once you meet the requirements.

Has her employer obtained an approved LMIA?

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
I would personally withdraw the SOWP and reapply once you meet the requirements.

Has her employer obtained an approved LMIA?
Her employer is Tata Consultancy Services. They are a very big company, they would have an approved LMIA right?
They can apply for her work permit, right? they just sent an email to provide the details to extend here work permit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Her employer is Tata Consultancy Services. They are a very big company, they would have an approved LMIA right?
They can apply for her work permit, right? they just sent an email to provide the details to extend here work permit.
LMIAs aren't at the company level. They are at the individual role level. I can't tell you if they have an LMIA already for this specific role.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks, Her company might apply for her, Can we have 2 applications at a time?
I don't know.

She doesn't qualify for a SOWP extension. IMO it's safer to withdraw given you know that you don't meet the basic criteria for this to be approved. Your call of course.

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
I don't know.

She doesn't qualify for a SOWP extension. IMO it's safer to withdraw given you know that you don't meet the basic criteria for this to be approved. Your call of course.
Hi,

I found a remote job. It's a company from Montreal. But we are in Toronto. Would that be a problem in any way now or in the future for CEC.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I found a remote job. It's a company from Montreal. But we are in Toronto. Would that be a problem in any way now or in the future for CEC.
You should be fine.