+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP with Permanent Fulltime Job Offer from BC

farshad171

Jan 5, 2016
I recently accepted full-time permanent employment in British Columbia as Environment Analyst. In the past 6 years, I have been living in Saskatchewan, working on my PhD in Aquatic Ecology at the University of Saskatchewan. I graduated in March 2020 and now with the employment opportunity, I would like to apply for PR ASAP. Currently, I hold an open work permit (PGWP). I am writing to ask what is the fastest way that I could apply for PR via British Columbia Nominee Program based on my criteria. I am confused about how these programs work. Do I still need LMIA?

In 2017, in the hope of obtaining PR and taking advantage of high language scores, I submitted my master’s degree for credential evaluation to WES ($220) and took the CELPIP English language test ($280). I was confident that I would obtain a high score from my language test and that will increase my points for my PR application, however, the results were shocking. Although I obtained the maximum possible scores from the Reading and Listening modules, the results of the Writing and Speaking modules indicated that my English skills have gotten worse since my 2010 IELTS Academic test and after living in Canada for 3 years. That being said, is it possible to submit the application for any of the programs that I am eligible for and take a new language test (if needed) afterward?
Thanks