+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP with leaves of study and unauthorized work

Komikozu.98

Sep 19, 2022
I'm applying for my PGWP soon, and I know my chances are very low. I was just wondering if anyone had been in the same situation.

background:
1. Refusal for study permit extension because I did not attach enrollment letter => restoration of status
2. Left school for 1 sem due to mental health, have notes from doctor advising me taking a term off because my school does not give authorized leave confirmation
3. Worked part time that sem (fall 2020)

i consulted with a lawyer and he told me that I will apply for restoration of status the 2nd time as I worked unauthorized when I apply for PGWP

i am scared, and I know this is no one's fault but my own, I just want to know if I could still have a chance, even low, to stay here, as this is my whole life now...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm applying for my PGWP soon, and I know my chances are very low. I was just wondering if anyone had been in the same situation.

background:
1. Refusal for study permit extension because I did not attach enrollment letter => restoration of status
2. Left school for 1 sem due to mental health, have notes from doctor advising me taking a term off because my school does not give authorized leave confirmation
3. Worked part time that sem (fall 2020)

i consulted with a lawyer and he told me that I will apply for restoration of status the 2nd time as I worked unauthorized when I apply for PGWP

i am scared, and I know this is no one's fault but my own, I just want to know if I could still have a chance, even low, to stay here, as this is my whole life now...
Are you working with an immigration lawyer to put together the PGWP application? I would recommend you do that.

Reactions: mikemma.9295

Komikozu.98

Sep 19, 2022
Are you working with an immigration lawyer to put together the PGWP application? I would recommend you do that.
I am, the moment I know I screwed up... I just want to see what my odds are and if someone who was in the same situation and overcame it could give me some insight...

Reactions: scylla