+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP with a failed co-op term for graudate student

sylarnos

Nov 24, 2019
Hi all,

I'm a thesis-based graduate student and about to apply PGWP. I understand that CIC requires submission of transcripts now and we have to maintain full-time status all the time.

The problem is, I failed one of three co-op term due to unsatisfactory co-op report last year, was I still considered as a full-time student back then? Will a co-op F/X grade affect my application for PGWP?

Thanks,

sylarnos

Nov 24, 2019
Pass/fail shouldn't matter if you actually did the co-op.
Thank you for the reply.

I confirmed with my department, I was still a fulltime student with a co-op term registration regardless of pass/fail.
I wonder, in addition to all my other required documents, if I should write an explanation letter to emphasis this or explain the reason I fail?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi all,

I'm a thesis-based graduate student and about to apply PGWP. I understand that CIC requires submission of transcripts now and we have to maintain full-time status all the time.

The problem is, I failed one of three co-op term due to unsatisfactory co-op report last year, was I still considered as a full-time student back then? Will a co-op F/X grade affect my application for PGWP?

Thanks,
Just curious, what the hell happened lol. Not many people 'fail' a co-op. Did you not get along with the manager or something?

Reactions: canuck78

sylarnos

Nov 24, 2019
Just curious, what the hell happened lol. Not many people 'fail' a co-op. Did you not get along with the manager or something?
On the contrary, my manager and coworkers can provide solid proof and recommendations for my work. It's the co-op report that was unsatisfying because I didn't care for a report that much as the most., yet turned out a professor who's obsessing with it insisted to fail the report.

Ange Divine

Feb 21, 2020
On the contrary, my manager and coworkers can provide solid proof and recommendations for my work. It's the co-op report that was unsatisfying because I didn't care for a report that much as the most., yet turned out a professor who's obsessing with it insisted to fail the report.
I am so sorry to heard that you failed.
I think it is okey because even you failed you well fulltime any its just you fail. So i think that will not cause the problem because the finals transcript will show fail not part time.

Reactions: sylarnos