+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP - two consecutive postgraduate programs

IGOR_BR_RIO

Apr 20, 2017
I'm going to start on September/2017 a full-time postgraduate program at a Public College in Toronto. It's a eight-month length program (from September/2017 to April/2018).

BEFORE the end of my first course (around feb/2018), my plan is to apply for another full-time postgraduate program with the same duration (eight-month). This second course would start on September/2018 and would finish on April/2018.

My questions are:

1) I'm going to ask for a PGWP after the end of the second program. Would CIC consider both of programs to define the duration of my PGWP?

Because CIC website states that "You must apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation (for example, a transcript or an official letter) from your institution indicating that you have met the requirements for completing your academic program."

So my doubt was whether or not I could use my first program, because I will have finished it a year before.

2) If so, would CIC consider a combined duration of both programs as 16 months or as 2 academic years? Consequently, giving me a PGWP of 16 months or 3 years?

Thanks!