+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP/TRV about to expire, need to travel to the US

always1

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Hi! I need advice, please. My PGWP and TRV will expire November 7, 2019.
I need to go to the US on October 20 for a wedding. Will I have problems re-entering the country? I will have implied status once my work permit expires because of SOWP.

Thank you!!!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Just as an FYI - Implied status ends the second you leave the country.

If your TRV & PGWP are still valid when you come back (you are coming back before it expires, right?), you will have no trouble coming back, and you will remain in status since you came back before the PGWP expired. PGWP expires on the 7th, and then implied status begins. So then you can't leave Canada.

Reactions: always1

always1

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Just as an FYI - Implied status ends the second you leave the country.

If your TRV & PGWP are still valid when you come back (you are coming back before it expires, right?), you will have no trouble coming back, and you will remain in status since you came back before the PGWP expired. PGWP expires on the 7th, and then implied status begins. So then you can't leave Canada.
Yes, I will fly out on the 19th of October and come back the next day. :D Thank you so much! I am aware how implied status works (comes into effect after PGWP expires, given that I apply for the work permit before expiry), but I wasn’t so sure if my impending PGWP/TRV expiration will cause any problems for me as I enter the country. Again, thank you!!!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes, I will fly out on the 19th of October and come back the next day. :D Thank you so much! I am aware how implied status works (comes into effect after PGWP expires, given that I apply for the work permit before expiry), but I wasn’t so sure if my impending PGWP/TRV expiration will cause any problems for me as I enter the country. Again, thank you!!!
Yeah, the impending expiration isn't an issue. The documents need to be valid on the day you arrive at the border, that's all. You should have no trouble re-entering.

Reactions: always1

always1

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Yeah, the impending expiration isn't an issue. The documents need to be valid on the day you arrive at the border, that's all. You should have no trouble re-entering.
Thank you so much! You have no idea how long this has been bugging me. :(