+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP TO OINP

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Hello, My friend received her OINP ITA recently and have sent in the application, but the dilemma is her PGWP is expiring in FEB 2024. The OINP takes about 2-4 months processing.
Q1: Is she still able to work past Feb 2024 with PGWP expired and waiting for OINP?
Q2: Can she apply now for BOWP even if her OINP is just in process?
Q3: If answer to to Q1 is no, does she have any other options?
Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, My friend received her OINP ITA recently and have sent in the application, but the dilemma is her PGWP is expiring in FEB 2024. The OINP takes about 2-4 months processing.
Q1: Is she still able to work past Feb 2024 with PGWP expired and waiting for OINP?
Thank you!
What stream? BOWP is only an option if friend has been nominated, applied for PR and received AOR. So must must stop working unless employer is willing to go through LMIA process. Can change status to visitor will waiting for PR. If not through EE, processing is about 15 months.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
Thank you!
If His/her employer is not willing to sponsor than He/She need to stop working or else contact a lawyer I don't think so its a problem if he is working after his Visa is expired since majority of the companies don't bother after hiring.

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
What stream? BOWP is only an option if friend has been nominated, applied for PR and received AOR. So must must stop working unless employer is willing to go through LMIA process. Can change status to visitor will waiting for PR. If not through EE, processing is about 15 months.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html
Thank you for your reply. She received an ITA from Ontario for the provincially nominee already. But the processing of the provincial nominee certificate takes about 2-4 months. Because of this, she did not require to have an LMIA as stated on the application. Shes going through the Foreign Worker Stream as she has a permanent position already with a reputable company. The company signed her employer form.
But the issue is we know that the BOWP will require at least the ITA for the Foreign Worker Stream, but the Foreign Worker Stream will require the Provincially Nominee Certificate (which is currently under process but says 2-4 months so may not reach in time for her PGWP to expire).

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
If His/her employer is not willing to sponsor than He/She need to stop working or else contact a lawyer I don't think so its a problem if he is working after his Visa is expired since majority of the companies don't bother after hiring.
Thank you for your response. She received her Ontario Nomination, and the company has already signed the employer form. She has submitted the OINP but that process is 2-4 months to which her PGWP expires in Feb and may not reach on time for her to apply for the BOWP.
The dilemma is her Foreign Worker Application will require the Provincial Nomination to be processed.
But her Nomination Certificate is currently in processed, so she cant apply for the BOWP.

I guess one question would be is that, at her current situation, with the ITA for the Ontario Provincial Nomination, is that considered an implied status for her to continue work even after her PGWP expires? Thank you again.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your response. She received her Ontario Nomination, and the company has already signed the employer form. She has submitted the OINP but that process is 2-4 months to which her PGWP expires in Feb and may not reach on time for her to apply for the BOWP.
The dilemma is her Foreign Worker Application will require the Provincial Nomination to be processed.
But her Nomination Certificate is currently in processed, so she cant apply for the BOWP.

I guess one question would be is that, at her current situation, with the ITA for the Ontario Provincial Nomination, is that considered an implied status for her to continue work even after her PGWP expires? Thank you again.
Having an ITA is not authorization to work. Does friend have a work permit support letter?

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream#section-6

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
She has just submitted all her documents for the OINP and I think the nomination certificate and the work permit support letter comes after right?
her PGWP is still Valid till end of Feb, but just worried that with the processing times of the OINP her PGWP might expire without receiving it.

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015

The employment in Canada is not tied to any Immigration system once you have SIN Number and Bank Account you can work for any employer. IRCC don't care much about your employment status other than for verification purpose.

I am not lawyer but things will remain smooth if she didn't change the employer.

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
The employment in Canada is not tied to any Immigration system once you have SIN Number and Bank Account you can work for any employer. IRCC don't care much about your employment status other than for verification purpose.

I am not lawyer but things will remain smooth if she didn't change the employer.
Thanks. Yeah she intends to stay with her employer, and likewise, her company supported her with this application which is really great.
I told her to consult with an Immig lawyer mid January if nothing comes up.

tushararora01

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022
Hi everyone,

I got NOI from OINP( ISS ), I applied to IRCC using the Non- EE PR portalhttps://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login on 24 August 2023. I am yet to receive AOR for my application. My PGWP expires in September2024. I am not sure how to deal with this situation? If I do not receive my AOR before September2024 how should I applyfor extension of WP?

I have sent multiple Webforms but never got a response I was looking for. I tried calling but they said you will get your AOR before that. NO idea and I am getting worried about this process.

santhosh9617

Feb 12, 2024
Hi everyone,

I got NOI from OINP( ISS ), I applied to IRCC using the Non- EE PR portalhttps://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login on 24 August 2023. I am yet to receive AOR for my application. My PGWP expires in September2024. I am not sure how to deal with this situation? If I do not receive my AOR before September2024 how should I applyfor extension of WP?

I have sent multiple Webforms but never got a response I was looking for. I tried calling but they said you will get your AOR before that. NO idea and I am getting worried about this process.
how many days did it took for you to get your nomination certificate??