+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP to close work permit

clover99

Jan 19, 2012
Hi there,

My PGWP is going to expire in 2 days but I have applied for a 'close work permit' (with positive LMO) almost 3 weeks ago.
My questions are:
1. Is my application considered as 'a change of conditions' ?
2. I know that I won't be getting the new work permit before the old one expire and I will have to go on implied status. Can I still work during this implied status.
I can't reach anyone from CIC office. Please help.

Thanks...

naziae

Jun 19, 2012
i was in the same boat.. what i did was i applied to change my conditions to a specific employer and until i hear back from immigration i can work on implied status.. i called them last week that is what they told me so i guess you are ok.. hope that helps!

anuvikram

Jul 2, 2010
clover99 said:
Hi there,

My PGWP is going to expire in 2 days but I have applied for a 'close work permit' (with positive LMO) almost 3 weeks ago.
My questions are:
1. Is my application considered as 'a change of conditions' ?
2. I know that I won't be getting the new work permit before the old one expire and I will have to go on implied status. Can I still work during this implied status.
I can't reach anyone from CIC office. Please help.

Thanks...
plz tell me any gud solicitor 2 apply 4 LMO ,my pgwp going 2 expire in oct.thx

naziae

Jun 19, 2012
Your employer needs to apply for your LMO and then send you the result once they get it.. Once you get the positive LMO send it to CIC...

STURD

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
Dear clover,

You are on implied status regardless of having valid LMO or Lmo under process. In you case you already have a LMO approved and you have applied for WP prior to expiry of your current WP in this case you dont need to worry about any extra fees towards restoration of status, you closed wp should come in as per the current timeline its processed. This is deemed to be change of conditons i.e., open wp to closed wp.

Dont hesitate to ask any further doubts

good luck

STURD

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
Dear anuvikram ,

pl provide ur email id , I can help u with ur LMO -

anuvikram

Jul 2, 2010
STURD said:
Dear anuvikram ,

pl provide ur email id , I can help u with ur LMO -
hey sturd i m still waiting 4 ur contact no. ?my problem is my employer dey dont know anything about dis n even not me .so i just wanna discuss how 2 answer some of d qtn. in dat form.plz reply asap thx.i wanna apply dis mon.plzzzzzzzzzzzz reply

STURD

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
my email kirswap @ gmail.com - all should be good, cheers!

Just sent u an email buddy