+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP + SOWP extension - Apporved

greenhamster

Feb 25, 2021
Hi guys! I'm on my PGWP and we are going to apply for my wife's SOWP. I have a question, those 3 pay stubs that we need to provide, are they just like Earnings Statements from ADP (we use the ADP system in our company)? I am asking to confirm because those Earning Statements don't have any stamp on them.

vignesh93

Jan 2, 2019
Hi Vignesh93, Can you provide the list of documents that you added to support your Inland SOWP application?
I applied with 3 paystubs, bank statement (optional), marriage certificate, Employment Verification letter (must) which describes your position, hours/week, noc code (try to get Noc code in that letter) from your company with signature in a letter head from HR/ your supervisor. Try to explain all these in a Letter of Explanation in the Client information neatly about your request to SOWP. Hope this helps!

Reactions: Miracle2018

Miracle2018

Jan 3, 2018
I applied with 3 paystubs, bank statement (optional), marriage certificate, Employment Verification letter (must) which describes your position, hours/week, noc code (try to get Noc code in that letter) from your company with signature in a letter head from HR/ your supervisor. Try to explain all these in a Letter of Explanation in the Client information neatly about your request to SOWP. Hope this helps!
Thanks a lot Vignesh93. Do we need to add marriage pics, insurance coverage with spouse's name, lease agreement with spouse name and other such detailed documentation for Relationship Proof.
Do we need to show Proof of Funds or employment letter is sufficient?

Appreciate your response!

greenhamster

Feb 25, 2021
Thank you, Vignesh!

Are those 3 pay stubs that we need to provide something like Earnings Statements? My company uses the ADP system and I can download Earnings Statements on the website but they don't have any stamps on them. Will that be ok as a paystub?

Reactions: vignesh93

vignesh93

Jan 2, 2019
Thank you, Vignesh!

Are those 3 pay stubs that we need to provide something like Earnings Statements? My company uses the ADP system and I can download Earnings Statements on the website but they don't have any stamps on them. Will that be ok as a paystub?
I just submitted those mentioned above. :) Nothing else because my spouse was already in Canada under SOWP. So I just extended that recently this 2021. ADP pay statement is good enuf.

Reactions: greenhamster

Sanjeet Kumar

Dec 21, 2021
Hi,
my SOWP is expiring(due to passport expiry) before my spouse wp. For my SOWP extension, other than Spouse wp, marriage certificate and passport do I need any other documents?

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
my SOWP is expiring(due to passport expiry) before my spouse wp. For my SOWP extension, other than Spouse wp, marriage certificate and passport do I need any other documents?

Thanks
Proof of the PGWP application extension. Would also include a note explaining that your spouse’s passport expired after a year so you were only granted 1 year of PGWP not 3 years. He/she has applied for PGWP extension as you are applying for an SOWP and a TRV extension. Would include proof of 3 pay stubs and proof that he/she works in NOC 0, A or B.

Sanjeet Kumar

Dec 21, 2021
Proof of the PGWP application extension. Would also include a note explaining that your spouse’s passport expired after a year so you were only granted 1 year of PGWP not 3 years. He/she has applied for PGWP extension as you are applying for an SOWP and a TRV extension. Would include proof of 3 pay stubs and proof that he/she works in NOC 0, A or B.
My Spouse is on close work permit... she got wp at POE. That means her WP is enough right? 3-months paystub and employemnt letter is fine...

shortybhavz

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
I just submitted those mentioned above. :) Nothing else because my spouse was already in Canada under SOWP. So I just extended that recently this 2021. ADP pay statement is good enuf.
Any idea if biweekly paystubs are also acceptable if the job is under NOC 0, A, B?

Atm99

Star Member
Jan 17, 2022
Hi.

I applied for my SOWP extension after my spouse received her PGWP.

but I did a mistake in which I attached her work permit approval letter instead of her work permit copy in “ proof of family member status”.

kindly help me in this case as I am not able to edit my application now.

what options can I explore to rectify this mistake.

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
Hi,

Please help, I applied for PGWP as soon as I completed graduation(no job yet) along with my wife's SOWP extension(working since last 5 months). I only included her employment letter. Are the pay stubs for her mandatory?

delixo

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
April 6, 2023
Doc's Request.
June 13th 2023
AOR Received.
April 6 2023
Med's Done....
May 9th 2023
Hi,

Please help, I applied for PGWP as soon as I completed graduation(no job yet) along with my wife's SOWP extension(working since last 5 months). I only included her employment letter. Are the pay stubs for her mandatory?
To extend your wife's owp you need to find a job and include 3 pay stubs from your work. Not hers

Reactions: Miracle2018

tinahumber

Jun 8, 2022
Hi there,I am also in the same situation. Can the spouse of the pgwp applicant continue working if their current work permit expires but their application is submitted? I am the pgwp applicant ( Iwill apply today). Both our current permits expire at the end of August 22 and worried that we will not receive our new permits before then. I understand that the pgwp applicant can work 40 hours but what about the spouse after their permit expires?

Urgent help please