+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP + SOWP extension - Apporved

Miracle2018

Jan 3, 2018
Hi there,I am also in the same situation. Can the spouse of the pgwp applicant continue working if their current work permit expires but their application is submitted? I am the pgwp applicant ( Iwill apply today). Both our current permits expire at the end of August 22 and worried that we will not receive our new permits before then. I understand that the pgwp applicant can work 40 hours but what about the spouse after their permit expires?

Urgent help please
You, the PGWP applicant , need to be working in a NOC 0,A or B job for your Spouse to become eligible to extend their OWP.

tinahumber

Jun 8, 2022
You, the PGWP applicant , need to be working in a NOC 0,A or B job for your Spouse to become eligible to extend their OWP.
Thanks yes I am currently working in A. Can the spouse continue working if their OWP is submitted and their current permit expires before approval of the new permit?

Miracle2018

Jan 3, 2018
Thanks yes I am currently working in A. Can the spouse continue working if their OWP is submitted and their current permit expires before approval of the new permit?
Yes. The spouse can continue working if their OWP is submitted before current Work permit expiry date.

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
Hi there,I am also in the same situation. Can the spouse of the pgwp applicant continue working if their current work permit expires but their application is submitted? I am the pgwp applicant ( Iwill apply today). Both our current permits expire at the end of August 22 and worried that we will not receive our new permits before then. I understand that the pgwp applicant can work 40 hours but what about the spouse after their permit expires?

Urgent help please
We did flagpoling to get our work permits. While we were there border security officer informed us " You can work if your application is in process". So you both can work after August 22. Basically, its not an SOWP extension its just a new SOWP based on your PGWP. Note: Your 2 pay stubs and offer letter are mandatory documents.

Nany_canada

Jun 9, 2022
I need your kind help.
My spouse came with an SP until 31 August 2023, and I with a SOWP on the same date. We just realized that classes will end on 14 August 2023, and the college takes between 4 to 6 weeks to give the completion letter. I've got a very good job NOC A here. I woudn't like to lose it. What could we do to be able to extend our original permits? so that we can have on time to request the PGWP and that I don't stop working? There is not even enough time to start the application before August 31, since the letter of completion from the university will not be available yet.

I thank you a thousand for your help.

tinahumber

Jun 8, 2022
I need your kind help.
My spouse came with an SP until 31 August 2023, and I with a SOWP on the same date. We just realized that classes will end on 14 August 2023, and the college takes between 4 to 6 weeks to give the completion letter. I've got a very good job NOC A here. I woudn't like to lose it. What could we do to be able to extend our original permits? so that we can have on time to request the PGWP and that I don't stop working? There is not even enough time to start the application before August 31, since the letter of completion from the university will not be available yet.

I thank you a thousand for your help.
You can apply for early graduation documents. Contact your international student advisor.

Reactions: Nany_canada

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I'm in a similar situation as most of you here.

My SP and my wife's SOWP expire on July 31. I have already applied for PGWP, and I have the provisional letter they send you. She's working on a NOC C, and I just got a job offer for a NOC A job to start the second week of July. When can I apply for her OWP extension? How many paystubs do I need before we can submit the application?

Miracle2018

Jan 3, 2018
I'm in a similar situation as most of you here.

My SP and my wife's SOWP expire on July 31. I have already applied for PGWP, and I have the provisional letter they send you. She's working on a NOC C, and I just got a job offer for a NOC A job to start the second week of July. When can I apply for her OWP extension? How many paystubs do I need before we can submit the application?
You need employer reference letter for your NOC A job & atleast 3 paystubs to apply for OWP. You can submit your application anytime before your current WP expires.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
You need employer reference letter for your NOC A job & atleast 3 paystubs to apply for OWP. You can submit your application anytime before your current WP expires.
Thanks for your reply. What if I can't get the 3 paystubs before her WP expires?

Ankit1997@

Jul 2, 2022
My wife(primary applicant) applied for PGWP and SOWP extension together.
She had a NOC A job at the time of applying but did not have 3 pay checks.
We submitted 3 pay checks, 28 days later via web form.
Her employment letter was only for 3 months.

Both our visas were approved today.
Applied on 11th Sep
Approved on 9th December.

Primary applicant's Original Study permit validity : 18th Nov 2020
Secondary applicant's original OWP validity : 30th Sep 2020.

Because we applied before 30th sep, both of us were under implied status and were able to work.

Ask any questions of you have.
Would you mind telling me how you did you add your spouse in PGWP application?

Derrin

Aug 15, 2022
Hi, I have applied both PGWP and SOWP extension applications together with the main applicant's employment letter and I am uploading paystub via webform. I have explained everything in my LOE. Do you think my application will be approved? I applied on the 25th Dec and to date, I have raised two web forms for the paystub.
Hey, what was your status in this case? After how long did you upload paystubs? Did you mention all this in your Letter of Explanation?

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
In NOC A job, roles and responsibilities letter is must required from employer while submitting the SOWP extension ?
It's a must for any skilled job. Noc 0, A or B.