+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP RENEWAL - PLEASE HELP

kevadatia

Apr 7, 2014
Hi there,

How do i go about renewing PGWP. I only got 1 year as my passport was expiring. I see quite alot has changed. I am stuck at "Which situation best describes your work situation?" What do i choose here?

Do i choose "I'm eligible for a work permit through active pilot project"?

Do you have an Employer Declaration Form from your employer? Yes / NO?

Do you need IMM5802 Offer of Employment to a Foreign National LMIA-Exemp?

dkr1989

Jul 4, 2016
I have exactly same question and in exactly same situation. I am a PGWP holder and have applied for PR under Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program. I want to get BOWP as my current work permit is due to expire in less than 4 months. I am stuck at the same questions. "Which situation best describes your work situation?". I am wondering if you had found an answer to that and can share your insight. I will greatly appreciate any help in this regard.

ImmiWorks

Jul 4, 2016
kevadatia said:
Hi there,

How do i go about renewing PGWP. I only got 1 year as my passport was expiring. I see quite alot has changed. I am stuck at "Which situation best describes your work situation?" What do i choose here?

Do i choose "I'm eligible for a work permit through active pilot project"?

Do you have an Employer Declaration Form from your employer? Yes / NO?

Do you need IMM5802 Offer of Employment to a Foreign National LMIA-Exemp?

PGWP is a one-time opportunity and cannot be extended unless you are eligible for a longer PGWP than your passport expiry date. In this case, you must apply again for the PGWP after renewing your passport.

ImmiWorks

Jul 4, 2016
dkr1989 said:
I have exactly same question and in exactly same situation. I am a PGWP holder and have applied for PR under Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program. I want to get BOWP as my current work permit is due to expire in less than 4 months. I am stuck at the same questions. "Which situation best describes your work situation?". I am wondering if you had found an answer to that and can share your insight. I will greatly appreciate any help in this regard.
Please note that this is a different scenario from the first-mentioned. You are asking for an Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) whereas the earlier question, as I understand it, is about how they can obtain the full-length of their Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) that was not issued initially in full due to an earlier passport expiry.

dkr1989

Jul 4, 2016
Thanks ImmiWorks yes you are right. I figured that out after talking with kevadatia. Thanks for pointing it out clearly.