+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Rejected once-Want to know options

Dhuity

Jan 29, 2024
Hello,

I graduated from public college but I had 2 suspensions and 1 scheduled break. One suspension and break was consecutively (like break in summer and suspension in fall). And then 2nd suspension was next summer. I wanted to know what are my options? I will be out of status soon and I do not have a TRV. Someone please provide suggestions and options. Was anyone else in the similar situation and did you get out of it?

Appreciate your advice and help!
Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I graduated from public college but I had 2 suspensions and 1 scheduled break. One suspension and break was consecutively (like break in summer and suspension in fall). And then 2nd suspension was next summer. I wanted to know what are my options? I will be out of status soon and I do not have a TRV. Someone please provide suggestions and options. Was anyone else in the similar situation and did you get out of it?

Appreciate your advice and help!
Thank you
Extend visitor status if you want to remain in Canada. So your PGWP was refused because studies were not continuous with suspensions. What do you want to do? Stay in Canada (study again, apply for PR) or leave?

vraj@1411

Jan 14, 2024
@Naturgrl can you help me with this.

I am currently in canada. back in 2015 , my parents filled usa visa and they had also applied mine ( at that time my age was 14 years). At that time we got rejection. Now, last year I applied for USA (inside canada) visa which got rejected. Also, I didn't showed my previous 2015 usa rejection in my study permit application and coop application but it got approved because it was almost 8 year ago and i forgot about the same. So now in next 2 month I am going to apply for pgwp and I will show my both rejection. Will it affect my pgwp or any future pr applications. Can you please reply to me?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@Naturgrl can you help me with this.

I am currently in canada. back in 2015 , my parents filled usa visa and they had also applied mine ( at that time my age was 14 years). At that time we got rejection. Now, last year I applied for USA (inside canada) visa which got rejected. Also, I didn't showed my previous 2015 usa rejection in my study permit application and coop application but it got approved because it was almost 8 year ago and i forgot about the same. So now in next 2 month I am going to apply for pgwp and I will show my both rejection. Will it affect my pgwp or any future pr applications. Can you please reply to me?
No just be honest. As long as you list past refusal then you will be fine. Not listing and IRCC discovering the refusal leads to misrepresentation.

vraj@1411

Jan 14, 2024
Thanks @Naturgrl .
I will not make this mistake again and I will disclose everything and it was not intention.

Also, I am inviting my parents for the graduation and they are going to apply for visitor visa and they will show their rejection. But will they verify that whether I have shown that rejection or not. Will they cross verify?.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks @Naturgrl .
I will not make this mistake again and I will disclose everything and it was not intention.

Also, I am inviting my parents for the graduation and they are going to apply for visitor visa and they will show their rejection. But will they verify that whether I have shown that rejection or not. Will they cross verify?.
Their applications are not tied to you.

Dhuity

Jan 29, 2024
Extend visitor status if you want to remain in Canada. So your PGWP was refused because studies were not continuous with suspensions. What do you want to do? Stay in Canada (study again, apply for PR) or leave?
Yes, refusal was due to the reason that I don't meet the requirements as I was out of school for 8 months. 1 semester scheduled break and next semester suspension. I want to stay in Canada. But if I apply for study permit that will I be able to get PGWP after as many people told me it is a one time opportunity and cannot apply for PGWP again. My study permit expired on 30 Nov, 2023 and my student visa expired on 30 Oct, 2022. Also, If I apply for 2nd time for PGWP what are chances to get it?

Last edited: