+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP rejected and re-applied with restoration - wanna hear your thoughts!

momo1843

Nov 12, 2015
Hi everyone,

I'm so depressed and desperate because of my situation now. Please Please Please tell me how you feel about it.

I've graduated 3 years college program on last April, and applied for Open Work Permit (PGWP) on mid May.
That was the first time I applied for PGWP, so I just did whatever the website told me to do. However, I didn't attached any proof of graduation.
(I really graduated, but when i applied, it just didnt have anywhere to attach it and it didn't ask)
I thought about that, but it said they will reach me out when they need more document, so I wasn't really concerned about that.

I got a job on May and I was very satisfied with my new job since its related to what I studied in Canada.
However, on late September, I've got a refusal letter saying that they need to see the proof of graduation.
I DIDN'T GET ANY CONTACT / EMAILS FROM THEM FOR ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS! I was so frustrated.

I called cic and the person told me to apply for restoration of work permit, and explain everything on the letter of explanation.
So I applied it with all the documents (including last transcription and official graduation letter) on October.

The biggest problem here is, PGWP has to be applied in 90 DAYS after graduation - I couldn't re-apply in 90 days since I got the refusal letter too late.
I'm so desperate and really need to hear that my application will be accepted.
I've done all the school, hard working, but I cannot work right now and I think this is a bit unfair for me. I really need this... :'(

What do you think? do you think I will still get rejected for this restoration?
Please let me know your thoughts...

Thanks guys,

ndrs11

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
While the rule states that you must apply within 90 days of graduating,

I've seen a couple of cases in this forum of PGWP applicants where for whatever reason their PGWP got refused and they were forced to apply for a restoration of status as well as a PGWP and they've got it.

No one can tell you for certain what decision will the VO make, but don't lose hope! You did the correct thing. There have been several people who have gotten it after being refused and being after those 90 days.

So stay positive! :)

lthota89

Nov 13, 2015
As you applied for restoration you will get for sure without any problem.I think restoration will take about 3 to 4 months again and i don think so if you miss any documents cic wont ask any missing documents they simply rejects .one of my friend missed some documents and they rejected and asked to go for restoration.only some cases like in PR process they will ask additional documents if needed but we have to make sure to attach basic documents they mentioned in the site.
for PGWP you must include your graduation transcript or letter from college stating that you completed your course. unfortunately you missed the most important document.