+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP REFUSED!!

Salman Habib

Sep 28, 2023
Hello, My pgwp got rejected today. Technically i had 2 part time semester. I switched from university to a college and on my first semester in college all the courses were full so i took 2 courses which made me part time. After that in 2020 fall semester i took 3 courses ( in total 10.5 credits) and i was full time but in the middle of that semester i had to withdrawn from a course due to some health issues( I was admitted into the ER for a day and i was not able to cope up with the course afterwards). So that semester technically i became part time but i was not aware of it. My study permit and visa got expired on July 31st and currently i am out of status. What should i do now? i applied my pgwp with and explanation letter regarding my first semester which i was part time but i didnt explain anything about the 2nd semester where my attempted credit shows 10.5. I came to know regarding my 2nd part time semester after applying for the pgwp.What should i do now? I still have 90 days to restore my status as it is written in the refusal letter. I already took an appointment of an immigration consultant but that is few days later. Seeking some opinion from the people who faced the same situation. Thanks!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, My pgwp got rejected today. Technically i had 2 part time semester. I switched from university to a college and on my first semester in college all the courses were full so i took 2 courses which made me part time. After that in 2020 fall semester i took 3 courses ( in total 10.5 credits) and i was full time but in the middle of that semester i had to withdrawn from a course due to some health issues( I was admitted into the ER for a day and i was not able to cope up with the course afterwards). So that semester technically i became part time but i was not aware of it. My study permit and visa got expired on July 31st and currently i am out of status. What should i do now? i applied my pgwp with and explanation letter regarding my first semester which i was part time but i didnt explain anything about the 2nd semester where my attempted credit shows 10.5. I came to know regarding my 2nd part time semester after applying for the pgwp.What should i do now? I still have 90 days to restore my status as it is written in the refusal letter. I already took an appointment of an immigration consultant but that is few days later. Seeking some opinion from the people who faced the same situation. Thanks!!
Assume you are in Canada and have not been working since July. If you are working, stop now. You need to restore your status ASAP.

As for the PGWP, you were correctly refused due to two part-time semesters. If you have doctor’s notes to explain why you were in the ER then include that in the letter. All you can do is write an explanation. If the school was aware of your health issues then ask them to write a letter supporting your withdrawal from a course due to health issues. Then resubmit for reconsideration.

If your PGWP is still refused then you need to make some choices - take another school program and remain full time, look at PR programs, find employer with a LMIA, or leave Canada.

Reactions: Salman Habib

Salman Habib

Sep 28, 2023
I again applied on November 8th with documents and explanation letter. i got pgwp approval few days ago for 3 years. People who are in my situation dont loose hope. Fight till the end

Reactions: rajapanesar

hamsterlegend

Apr 28, 2023
Hi there! I was wondering how long did it take for you to get a response from them both initial and the last application? also, did you work after you got your refusal?