+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP refused

sadban

Jul 30, 2022
Hi, my PGWP application was refused on 15th July 2022 stating that I was not a full-time student during all academic quarters. I am considering submitting a web form for the reconsideration of my application. However, my study permit expired on 30th March 2022. Does this mean that I will need to apply for a restoration of status before I can send a reconsideration request on the web form?

Also, a hypothetical case, if even this web form request were to get refused, would I be able to apply for a completely new PGPW application?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, my PGWP application was refused on 15th July 2022 stating that I was not a full-time student during all academic quarters. I am considering submitting a web form for the reconsideration of my application. However, my study permit expired on 30th March 2022. Does this mean that I will need to apply for a restoration of status before I can send a reconsideration request on the web form?

Also, a hypothetical case, if even this web form request were to get refused, would I be able to apply for a completely new PGPW application?
Are you in Canada now and have been without status since March? Assume you have not been working. You need to restore your status to student.

sadban

Jul 30, 2022
Are you in Canada now and have been without status since March? Assume you have not been working. You need to restore your status to student.

I am in Canada, but I was working under an implied work permit. But after I got my refusal I ceased to work. My temporary resident status ended on July 15th as well. But even if I were to just submit the web form for reconsideration, even then I'd need to restore my status?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am in Canada, but I was working under an implied work permit. But after I got my refusal I ceased to work. My temporary resident status ended on July 15th as well. But even if I were to just submit the web form for reconsideration, even then I'd need to restore my status?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/eligibility.html#inside

see link that you need restored to status to reapply. Reconsiderations are not common with no timelines so I would have status because you may be waiting a while.